Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

This is a new forum idea I want to try out. It’s basically an implementation of something I do for people on a regular basis. Whenever I hear someone say “I sure wish I could find……fill in the blank” It’s printed on my brain. Months later, I’ll remember that conversation, and I’ve helped quite a few people that way.
      Sometimes, nothing was said, but I just KNOW (like with Bjornb’s Bertha rifle) and I recommend it to someone. Lots of times people are too broke to jump, but that’s OK, I think they still enjoy knowing the item they want is out there and that it can be had for a reasonable price when the time comes.

So if you’re looking for something, post it and you have eyes on gunshops all over the USA via our network of deal hounds. Seriously, how many times have you seen a deal on something that you don’t need to buy and thought “Dang I wish I knew somebody who could use a tip on this!!!!”. Well, this is the place to post it. I don’t care what it is.
      This isn’t the general store. This is the place to give or get, a tip on something in a pawn shop or LGS. Just be prepared to render contact info for the tips you give.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

Well I wish I had several guns back that I somehow traded off in a moment of heated passion and lust for something else.
      I guess we could all say that though.

For example I traded off a perfect Colt Army Special 5″ .32/20 win
      It had a perfect bore real pearl grips and shot marvelously.

It came from Mississippi,and I figure it was a old Delta Blues club gun.
      Robert Johnson even wrote a song..”.32/20 Blues”
      That was the gun.

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

Well I wish I had several guns back that I somehow traded off in a moment of heated passion and lust for something else.
      I guess we could all say that though.

My situation too.

Smithbrosarchery
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 15
      • Overall: 16

Sounds like a plan.I’ve got a pretty dang big,talented,diverse,”crew” here.With our bio 4 boys,and that many strays…all grown up.All leading very productive lives,each bringing even more folks to the table.Throw in 40+ years of business friends and acquaintances….

Meaning,you are exactly on point with your OP from a helping hands notion.

ZmanWakeForest
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 115
      • Overall: 135

Well this is great idea….you said you didn’t care what it was….I am and have been looking for an empty factory Remington shell box in good to excellent condition in 7mm Express. I have the brass to fill it, just need the box! Anything below $20 for the empty box I’m game if its in really good shape (print looks good, end flaps are in good order) If she looks brand new, grab it please even up to $30

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

Awesome idea.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

That’s a tough one!!!! But yes, that’s exactly the sort of thing. I would have seen something like this in a gunshow and passed right over it. Now I’ll be watching.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

You guys could keep an eye peeled for a .452 barrel liner 24 inches long. Odd thing to find, but if you see it setting forlornly on a gunshow table somewhere, keep me in mind. If it’s $75, I’d probably get my wallet out.

I’ve got a Rossi 92 pre-safety in 45 colt with a 24″ Octagon barrel. I want to shoot some silhouette competitions with it, but the chamber is way too big. Makes the brass look like it’s pregnant with twins. If I sleeve it and push in a minimum chamber, I think it would do quite well.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I think I have everything on my lust list except maybe a gang mould for a 458193 . I just can’t bring myself to spend $60 for a 1 lung that might be to small ……. The Seaco #018 looks like a good alternative but ummm probably not in my price range .

The Lyman from them is 59.95 for a single and other similar doubles are the same I’d blissfully drop , no I wouldn’t I’d go around the block and hemmha until the price came down another $10 so $80 for a 4C $60 for a triple and $50 for a double handles are gravy to me at this point so no value with …… $5-7.50 .

I need an old model A5 26-28″ Special Steel barrel for a Mag . Anything under $150 no pits inside or out is done . With the rib please . The difference between the old and new is that the new models are gas guns and the old model is recoil/inertia .

$30 or less for a BPS 12 ga wood fire stock also done .

That should break the bank when everyone calls from Tulsa .

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

You know, I never would have believed it would be so hard to find an old ammo box. I think I’ve seen exactly what you are seeking with my own two eyes, but it was years ago. I’ve got a couple folks I can call.
      If I find it and they are willing to sell, what’s your top dollar on this?

ZmanWakeForest
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Like to be in the $20 range for a good one….$30 if it Excellent!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

LOL! I called a guy who specializes in vintage boxes of ammunition, commanding prices of over $100 per box. He had nothing of the sort. I’ll keep looking.

ZmanWakeForest
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Please do! I appreciate the help! $100 is out of my league…lol

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

Old age is making iron sites harder to use. I’m eventually need to scope everything.

Back in 1990, I bought a 4x Bushnell Sportsview Scope for $30. It’s turned out to be a loyal performer. If I could find another Sportsview for that price, I’d grab it. I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a 3×9 or 4×12. I appreciate keeping an eye out for me.

Thanks,

Charlie

Menner
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 120
      • Overall: 124

We have the Boy’s Club here a group that hangs out together and you have to be careful what you say you want because it will be found.
      LOL
      They are part of the reason there is a 1977 Bronco sitting at my house ready to be disassembled and rebuilt from the ground up. I was looking but the lead for this one came from the club.
      Don’t have any burning desires at the moment, but I will keep the list from here in the back of my mind in my travels for sure.
      Tony

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Hey fellas, I started a whole subforum here. This was just the introductory post. Can you please post a new thread titled with a few words that describe what you want so we can all have a prayer of finding the person who needs it in a few years when it actually pops up?
      So we might have threads titled:
      4X Bushnell
      7mmExpress box
      458193 gang mould
      etc etc etc.

Thanks!!!

Yall don’t be bashful. We can’t find what we don’t know to look for. 😎

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.