• Author
      Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I’m not much of a paper shooter …….
      Mary however must shoot a little better . She shot best ladies score scoped rifle with a 47 , 1X with our MBT 358 Win .
      It’s 5 shoots , no class , self supported (you can shoot from the bench but no mechanical or bag rests , just you)
      I’m pretty proud of her and the rifle worked pretty good too .

FC brass 308 reformed .
      CCI large rifle primer
      Lee 200 gr RNFP
      11 gr Unique

We are fire forming this brass so I’m sure we could improve on this .

Just as a note when you’re running a 45-70 with papered 350s over Unique for some polishing in the bore and you grab a 405 over a full case of buffalo slayer goodness , at’ll get your attention …….. Not really a good thing , there would have been blood had the 1895 been scoped .

That’s all I have as of now , just 18 shooters and only 3 in the ladies class . Fun weekend with new/old friends . I’m going miss this . I might have to get something like it going in AR .

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Awesome report Harter!!!
      That was a very good barrel for me and was a natural cast bullet shooter. It was one of the MidwayUSA Adams & Bennett blanks made by Green Mountain. I miss those days! I wish Midway would find another superb barrel they could offer for small money!
      Regardless of the origin, that barrel was a shooter and I’m glad to see it being put to good use.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Mary’s target and place on the board .Ncbs score board

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Mary's target

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

The prizes !
      Ms picked out a nice mould I guess .
      A brass Miha 462-420 HB , it came with a PB plug also . Nice looking mould that’s for sure .

Her son took the long range shoot with 4/10 on a 12*18″ steel at 417 iron sights .
      He picked the Pat Marlin pocket luber in 50 cal for maxi and Minnie type ML . Looks like it ought to do the job , it’s actually kind of a cool tool .

Prizes

I took a door prize home from the over run prizes of 3# of clean Bees wax .

There were 3 of the Miha moulds , 2 gift certs from NOE for up to $125 , 3 sets of the NOE bushing push through sizers , 3 4 stick packages of our local lube guys bullet lube , Pat Marlin sent pocket lubers in 45,50,54&58 cal and about 10# of Bees wax . Very generous prize donations from our suppliers .

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.