This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Larry Gibson 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Larry Gibson 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 506
    • Overall: 558
    • Gold

My message box showedhad 12 messages indicating I had 2 more than the 10 PM I was aware of. Opened the message (PM) forum and could not find any new messages. When I backed out to check again message box said 10 messages again. That has got to be the hardest PM box I have ever dealt with. How do you know where the new PMs are?

Larry Gibson

Sgt. Mike 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 789
    • Overall: 873

Click on the word messages then scroll down on the left hand side click inbox I’ll generally get them there.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

The messages tab will take you to the dialog that deals with all kinds of messages on GSF, including post subscription updates, PMs, etc etc etc. If you want to see an old PM, just click on “Inbox”.
    If it said you had messages, and you jumped into your PMs only to find there was no new activity, I would guess that someone “liked” a post of yours, or quoted a post of yours etc etc etc. That’s a notification that is considered a “message” but there’s a difference between “messages” which could be any form of message, and a PM which can only be a private message in your inbox specifically and exclusively.
    Another example of a computer getting in the way trying to help you out.

As we approach the 1st year anniversary of GSF, the time is coming in a few months for a renewal of the site, and I am thinking about upgrading to a better software package.

Butch Wax 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 158
    • Overall: 180

Can’t pull up nuthin posted in messages from anyone now. But then again, I’m the same guy that put four rounds through a laptop that made me mad with a .45-70. Not surprising that I can’t make half the stuff here even appear let alone work, I’m as anti-computer as one can get and still function in a forum…. Sorta!

Wright Arms 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 130
    • Overall: 138

Butch Wax;n9657 wrote: Can’t pull up nuthin posted in messages from anyone now. But then again, I’m the same guy that put four rounds through a laptop that made me mad with a .45-70. Not surprising that I can’t make half the stuff here even appear let alone work, I’m as anti-computer as one can get and still function in a forum…. Sorta!

Thank you for the belly laugh! I thought I was the only one! I used a 12 gauge with 00 buckshot on a tower, but I expect the effect was quite similar.

Butch Wax 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 158
    • Overall: 180

Yes sir, when they installed a computer in my partol unit I refused to use it and went back to the mounted unit. I told the Div. Cmdr. to see if they can fit one of those contraptions on a saddle! Besides, me and Dusty, my old PD horse, were tight. Best partner I ever had. Computers? We don’t need no stinkin’ computers! I had a horse that could kick, bite, and stomp better than any MMA fighter on the planet! Top that Bill Gates!

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Just so we are clear, are you saying that you go to the “Messages” tab, then click on “Inbox” or “Sent Items” and nothing comes up?
    It’s not like on castboolits where you have a streaming list of everything where you can filter by sent or received. Here you have to select which you want to view, and until you do, you can’t see anything.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

Working fine for me.

Larry Gibson 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 506
    • Overall: 558
    • Gold

I managed to get there from here (home PC) but still have problems with smart phone………no doubt it’s just me. My apologies to any I have missed messages from and did not answer. Please PM again now that I have it figured out………I hope…….

Larry Gibson

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.