• Author
      Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 140
      • Overall: 151

Received this email ad this morning

At first glance .. I’m thinking Ok That will work ..
      Then it hit me…. The bolt is locked back collasping your buffer spring.. Fine for a short time .. leave it a few months and might not do so well
      second loose the key and your in real trouble .. Bolt is locked back .. REAL hard to disassemble now !!
      Your thoughts ?

dverna
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 81
      • Overall: 86

I have never understood the need for crap like that. I would need dozens of keys to lock the action/trigger of every gun I own.

Any lock can be picked so losing the key would not be catastrophic. Either for the owner or the thief.

Don Verna

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

Just take the bolt out and put in a lock box – that’s what I do

DaveInGA
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 44
      • Overall: 50

Never saw the need for a gun lock. If you and your children aren’t safety trained and oriented, no amount of gadjets is going to make it so.

OptimusPanda
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 22
      • Overall: 28

I think this falls in to the category of “products for people who are too stupid to know they shouldn’t buy them”. It’s a neat enough idea but a normal trigger lock for $10 would have done the same. It wont stop someone from walking off with it wholesale, picking the lock, drilling through said lock, or cutting through the aluminum body removing it in multiple pieces.

Menner
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 120
      • Overall: 124

Have no need for gun locks. My kids grew up with a gun rack hanging on the wall of their bedroom started out with a BB gun hanging there and moved up from there. the problem starts when things are a mystery. My Kids and their friends knew from a early age what a firearm was and what it would do and we pulled the trigger whenever we felt like it so it was not an itch waiting to be scratched.
      Tony

Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 140
      • Overall: 151

I my haste to post I did not get my point across well enough
      not advocating the use of a lock. I was pointing out to me the obvious problem with the design

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 71
      • Overall: 76

FWIW, BRO=Bend Right Over

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I would question spring failure I haven’t tested leaving a mag loaded for more than ……well I’m only up to 10 yr iast June it worked fine.so I don’t expect that the recoil spring will be a problem. I can’t imagine it failing my Dad has a M12 that’s been cocked since 1957 and gone bang every time . Considering the source and that it is aimed at the Ca,NY,etc mental-it it actually looks like a lawyer CYA artificial store front compliance tool to make somebody feel good while Joe user will put it in let the bolt down on it slam a magazine and pop the unlocked unit out like a side charger. Joe owner can still say I bought the lock and it was secured in place when the safe was ripped out through the back wall and hauled of..

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

Like child-proof caps, legal requirement in many locations. Your kid’s friend finds your gun, shoots it and guess who goes to the pokey?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.