Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I had a ” you’ve got to be kidding me the mechanics can’t possibly be that simple and so overlooked ……. can they ?” moment .

We’ve established through a gazillion tests that the lead bullet gets squishy when it reaches a certain pressure limit per alloy , sometimes called slugging up . We know that the bullets are longer when we get them back than when we stuck them in the case and smaller than groove dia . We believe that none of this happens outside of the bbl . ( I’m not satisfied with the answers regarding air density impact but that’s my problem to figure out)

Anybody remember the physical science demonstration of centrifugal gravity on the bucket of grain ?

What if the rev threshold that we see is in fact the centrifugal gravity of the bullet ? What if that is the bullet crushing itself and forming the cone in its center ?

Now I know this is far too simple a quantifier but it does fit mechanically in the physics numbers and looks like what’s described to be happening .

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.