This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 195
    • Overall: 218

what have you loaded lately? It’s been to hot to shoot lately so No reloading. It’s starting to cool off now so tonight I decided to start loading. I got out about 500 38 spec cases to start . I only have a single stage press so tonight I deprimed and sized my cases and belled the mouth tomorrow I will after supper prime them. I usally do one step  a night so about Wednesday I should have about 500 loaded with 3.4 of bullseye and a 158 gr lead swc. I might try to load some up this time with trail boss. My hs6 loads have worked really good in the past but with Hornady jhp. Never tried hs6 in 38 with cast.I have used it in a S&w 40  with cast in my high point carbine with great groups. I might even get out the win 231 powder and try some of it. Ism not that great of a pistole shot so most any listed powder  for 38 works good for me. Some powders  work a little better than others for group size for me but not Much. I might even try red dot this time also. Make 100 rounds of each load. I also got 500 lead swc 158 gr gave to me from a retired coworker and two bottles of trail boss I need to use

lead-1 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 82
    • Overall: 90

It’s been a couple weeks but I loaded a couple hundred rounds of 45 ACP using the LEE 230 grain tumble lube bullet and 6 grains of Unique. This load works great in my 1911 as well as my Glock 21, now if it would just cool down enough for me to go shoot them.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 802
    • Overall: 875

My loading space is currently w/o lighting …… I haven’t loaded diddly in 6 months or more .

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

I might even try unique. I looked for it for 2 1/2 years and could never find any . The bottle I have now I have been hording not wanting to use it. But powder around here now is everywhere so Iam going to use it. Ism really wanting to try Hs6 in the 38 it has worked awesome the best groups with lead in my 40 S&W carbine. It has also worked really good in my 38 125 gr Hornady jackeded  xtp’s hp loads.

JRR 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 84
    • Overall: 107

Wow I finally got on after a week of trying.

I have found my load for 40 S&W for fast steel plate shooting.

Speer cases inside sized with a 38-40 die (.398″).  Flare and powder drop with Dillon dispenser.  Flare removed and “slight” crimp with a Lyman die.  Bullets sized to .401″.

Accurate mould 150 gr. SWC,  WST powder.  Very light load but a good bit more than a 9mm.

50 feet, indoors

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Good group what distance? I get groups  like that at 25 and 50, with my high point carbine using hs6 and rainier plated 165 gr B.B. bullet. The other bullet I use is Lee’s 175 tc which I like also. Now pistole Iam not that good of a shot so 12 yards is about as far as I can get group like that some times. At 25 it usally around 5 to 6 in as good as I can do any more. It seems with hs6 the higher the load toward max I go the tighter the group. I want to try long shot next in my loads thinking a slower powder in the carbine might be a little better will see

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

jRR I see the distance 50 feet good shooting. Well I finally loaded my 38 specials up using trail boss ,red dot,unique,and Hs6. I loaded them from a box I got gave me with store bought cast 158 gr Swc and Rn bullets. I didint know the Rn where in the box untill I loaded a few up. So I got about 120 or so of each powder and a Swc and Rn bullet loaded. Was going to try them out today but got busy cutting grass over half the day and going to town grocery shopping once every two weeks for us. So looks like Tuesday I can go to the range and try my different loads out. The two pistoles I got are from the recent police trade in guns from two years ago. One is a stanless steel smith model 64 4 in heavy barrel. The other is a blue smith model ten 4 in heavy barrel from California department of corrections. It is a plus p model and tight. Boath models have very good triggers in da and sa. The 64 almost has  a scearry light sa triger. I sold my russan Nagant  pistole with 20 lb da triger for enuf money to buy the smith. Really didint want to sell it but the smith is day and night all around a better gun. The Nagant pistoles ten or twelve years ago where only going for 68$ then so I traided up good. I also got at the same time a two tone aluminum frame blue steel slide I thank Hungarian 9×18 makarov for also 68$ at the time. One of the US marshals I worked with at the time jokingly said he wouldn’t trust his life on a 68$ gun. Well I told him it’s based off a walther ppk and very well made. This is one gun I think I will keep along with my smiths I haven’t loaded yet for the makarov but soon will get the dies and mold for it .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.