Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

There’s this guy on the other place where we met first with a Remlin 1895 that’s been back to the factory 4 times now for a bb….barrel that was short on or rifled lopsided . Each time he gets it back same deal . How is that even possible ? This guy is either the luckiest guy alive or the most unlucky . How does something like that get on the line let alone off . More than that how does even the lowest low rent parts swapper not glance at the take off or the replacement ? I’m thinking worst case the guy on the rifling line had to have a 50% QC . Then there’s the guy on the profile machine 50% ….no? Thread chamber and crown . Drill and dovetail . Stamp line .
      How is it even possible do they just not give a ……. Seriously 10 seconds on the repair line would have saved $400 in shipping and a 4 page thread seen by who knows how many that told 2 friends who all went to check out every Remlin they see now ……

I don’t whether to call BS or thank the stars I got a good one from the first yr in Illion …….

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I’ve not seen this. They probably keep sending him the same rifle saying they fixed it. That probably works for 80% of the people out there.

I’ve thoroughly reworked and customized many New York Marlins and I have yet to see one that exhibits the flaws everyone swears are so prominent.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I too am suspect .
      I spent a time as a lot guy on a new car lot . There was a run on the program cars . Quick definition , Chrysler sells Hertz 150 midsized sedans for cost plus double delivery today that’s about $150 bucks over Wholesale . In 12 months Chrysler delivers 150 replacements and “buys” last years cars back as 50% down car for car . Then they go to dealer auctions and sell for 75% +- of current wholesale . Then the dealer does a detail on the weekly detailed car and places it for sale . Some will be used as loaner cars occasionally and when returned get lot detailed .
      After struggling with customer satisfaction on one such car the the planted defect was found under the spare tire . In that particular car there was only one way for that to have happened . Kind of the same way you get bubble gum in a Stoger Condor trigger . Short version overall I get it I just can’t believe that one customer could send back more than on gun for a barrel issue and not get it hand carried through the system .

1,000 guns a day off any given line or plant I can see a few getting through that’s asking 10 QC to inspect and test fire a rifle every 6 min (based on a 10 hr day for easy math) and box it up . I’m sure there are plenty that get the Rifleman from the hip to foul the bore treatment . It’s that one rifle that the super picky french fry under the spare tire guy will get that 1/10,000 gun that has all the new tooling parts where they needed fat parts and all the old tooling parts where they needed skinny parts . Like a 450 land and a 460 bore and a ” match ” chamber with a 458 leade wrapped up with a .0003 headspace on a bolt that rattles like a hotdog in a hallway . We know it happens , we know that those rifles get assembled …….we hope they get sent back and get better matched parts before they leave the line .

Me I got Tuesday afternoon Thursday morning rifle and I am content with it . It’ll make a big hole close to where it was pointed at a reasonable range for a carbine buffalo slayer . We can’t all have MOA Carcano wildcats in $500 lever guns . 🙂

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Well, let us not forget this is now REMINGTON QC we are dealing with. It’s like the 700 model. 99.99999% of the time they are bullet proof and even if there is a defect, the customer will take that as all the encouragement he needs to throw in new custom, aftermarket parts, then there’s that ONE GUY who decides to send his rifle back in, and goes through hell’s half acre to get satisfaction. It’s not going to be any different with the new Marlin. In the short term THAT’S BAD, but lets look at what they are doing: They are making the 1895 and 336’s to be the counterpart to the 700 (at least, that sure seems to be the case to me). They are selling the GBL for less than $500 with a $100 rebate for crying out loud! What’s up with that eh? Well, if they can get enough of them out there, then there will be huge aftermarket custom parts opportunities. I’m pretty sure when it’s all said and done, we’ll be able to get replacement parts and stocks and anything else we want to service these rifles, which has not been the case in many many years under JM’s bungling ownership.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

“rattles like a hotdog in a hallway”.  LOL!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.