Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jniedbalski
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 208
      • Overall: 232

went out late afternoon today and shot some of my pistols. My 12 yo daughter usally goes but my 14 yo son wanted to try out the Bretta 92 fs. I knew the range would be busy a week before deer season with rifles so today I only took the pistols. The pistole range wasn’t to busy so we unloaded and set up targets.  Logan my 14yo wanted to try out the Bretta and the star bm. He thanks it looks cool like a 1911 colt. He actually did decent with boath pistols at 15 yards. I was shooting the bench right beside him at the 12 yards. Boath of us seem to shoot the star a little better smaller groups . I would think the longer barrel Bretta would shot tighter groups. But the Bretta did good also. It was a fun 3 hours at the range. Shot about 600 rounds now I got to load more

Jniedbalski
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 208
      • Overall: 232

Also shot a bunch of 38 special. I had a few boxes of factory ammo and a lot of reloads I wanted to try out. The 158 gr round nose shot great. I got a box of 500 ,half 158 gr swc and half round nose from a guy from work. They are store bought hard cast bullets. I used unique and red dot and trail boss this time to try out. The 158 gr round nose shot really really good. A lot of one hole groupes  at 7 and 12 yards. I was surprised that a hard bullet from a light 38 would shoot that good. trail boss left the cases very sooty but shot good. Shot the high point 40 S&W about two boxes.the 38,s where S&w model 10 and a model 64 4 in barrel police trail in . All in all had a nice afternoon shooting.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.