Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

Did a few 30 Cal Loverin (160gr Lyman) before going over to Goodsteel’s to do a little bit to the Bench Rifle he is doing for me

rockrat
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 23
      • Overall: 26

Cast some of the 30-188 “Hunter” boolit and some of the NOE Saeco 315 copy. Cast them out of Linotype + 0.18% copper, water quenched. Plan on shooting them with LVR in a Savage 308 F/TR gun. I believe it has a 1-12″ twist. Will save some for a 30-06 that has a 1-14″ twist brux barrel that Goodsteel did for me. Gotta warm up a bit here first before I go to the range. this time of year the wind can be really blowing at the range. Snow drifts don’t help.:)

JRR
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 84
      • Overall: 107

Made approx. 400 180 gr. .40 cal for my CZ pistols. RCBS 180 round flat, plain based. It’s only a two cavity and takes forever to empty a pot, but out of 400, only 4 rejects. The rejects were caused by me not getting the bullet centered under the top punch, leaving a nasty cut on the nose. I love this mold and wish they made it in 4 cavity.
      Jeff

JRR
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 84
      • Overall: 107

Let’s try a photo from my phone, to my computer, to the hosting site to the forum.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

rockrat;n434 wrote: Cast some of the 30-188 “Hunter” boolit and some of the NOE Saeco 315 copy. Cast them out of Linotype + 0.18% copper, water quenched. Plan on shooting them with LVR in a Savage 308 F/TR gun. I believe it has a 1-12″ twist. Will save some for a 30-06 that has a 1-14″ twist brux barrel that Goodsteel did for me. Gotta warm up a bit here first before I go to the range. this time of year the wind can be really blowing at the range. Snow drifts don’t help.:)

Randy,
      So how is that 14 twist Brux doing for you?

The Bench Gun Goodsteel is doing for me is a 1-13.5 Brux on a Remington 721 (barrel, and action with just the bolt is 13 pounds) … Soon as it get a bit closer some pic’s will be posted,,,,,
      Unless that is if Goodsteel wants to do a shameless plug. As I have no issues with that.

(I hate snow BTW, know what ya mean )

Mike

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

rockrat;n434 wrote: Cast some of the 30-188 “Hunter” boolit and some of the NOE Saeco 315 copy. Cast them out of Linotype + 0.18% copper, water quenched. Plan on shooting them with LVR in a Savage 308 F/TR gun. I believe it has a 1-12″ twist. Will save some for a 30-06 that has a 1-14″ twist brux barrel that Goodsteel did for me. Gotta warm up a bit here first before I go to the range. this time of year the wind can be really blowing at the range. Snow drifts don’t help.:)

Look forward to your results from that rifle Randy

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Got 300 pounds of ingots bagged to take to a friend that makes shot.
      I give him ingots and I get 25 bags of shot, sized and graphited 🙂
      300 pounds of ingots gives me 150 pounds of shot.
      And I use 25 pounds of shot every two weeks. WHEW!!
      Mike
      P.S. took him another 300 pounds of ingots last week also.

Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 140
      • Overall: 151

525 gr 12 ga slugs

Wayne the Shrink
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 5
      • Overall: 5

I gave up counting my casts years ago. All I know is I cast a bunch of 148gr .358WC and a smaller bunch of HB 210gr for my 41Colt. Sized and lubed. They get counted when they are put into the brass!

sundog
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 28
      • Overall: 30

Yesterday – Ranchdog TL357-135-RF. This is a really fine shooter in 9mm Luger. Too bad it has the added expense of the GC, but it is worth it. Works with just about any powder from BE thru Unique/HS6 speed.

Clintsfolly
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 2
      • Overall: 2

Sized about 500 Noe 480-375.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I cast a bunch of ingots of House alloy. Bout double this:

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 14
      • Overall: 15

Doing a major reorganization of the workshop. Another 3 days of hard labor in the shop and then an evening to clean up the loading and casting room and it may be well enough organized to start casting again. The gunsmith shop may never become completely organized. 🙁

David

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

If it’s like my shop its a tornado breeding ground LOL

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.