Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Design Team – Josh and Sarah
      Keymaster
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 27

We are almost ready. Only a few more visual things to take care of. Don’t forget to clear your Data/cache. The more you use the forum the fast it will load after clearing your cache.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Wow. You aint kidding. I just cleared my cache and went from a 10 second page load time to like half a second. That’s nice!!!!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Here’s a weird nutzy kind of weirdness:

When I make a post with the phone, I cannot edit it with the computer, but a post made with the computer CAN be edited with the phone.

That’s kind of trippy, and not cool because at work, I need to upload pictures with the phone, but I would prefer to do my typing on the keyboard (you know, sometimes I accidentally get a little wordy 🙂 )

Keymaster
      • Bronze

That is weird, @Goodsteel. I haven’t experienced that, but let me see if I can recreate it.

P.S. I originally posted this reply on my phone and have just edited it on the computer. I will do a new topic to test that as well.

Keymaster
      • Bronze

A quick note on forum links…

I know the new forum is a change from the old one, so hopefully, this will help in navigating the new site. This image quickly explains what the different forum links are on any forum page.

The title of the Forum or topic will take you to the forum/topic page so you can read it in its entirety. It will start you at the beginning.

If you click on the time of the last post at the end under Freshness, this will take you directly to the last post on the page instead of the beginning. This would be what you would click if you just wanted to read the last post/reply to that topic.

Clicking on the author will take you to the profile page of that user so you can learn more about them and see some of the other forums that have contributed to.

The sidebar on the right-hand side of the page includes Recent Replies and Recent Topics. Recent Replies shows the latest activity (post) on any Forum or Topic. Recent Topics will show you all of the newly created topics under the various forums. This is a good way to see which conversations are new as opposed to Recent Replies which shows activity in previous conversations.

The title Recent Replies and Recent Topics are clickable links that will take you to a page that shows all recent activity across the forum. It combines all new topics and replies in one place and shows literally every contribution from the beginning of the forum to the end.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Clear the cache?

What does this mean and how do you do it?

Step by step please

Thank you

Mike

Keymaster
        • Bronze

A lot depends on your computer/phone and browser. I posted a link on this topic below. If you’re still having trouble with it – a simple google search will bring up lots of tutorials. Make sure you list your browser when you do a google search.

Keymaster
      • Bronze

This website has a great step by step walk through on clearing your cache. Just click the button/link below and select your browser when you get there.

[Steps to Clear Your Cache]

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

I got it done! I followed the directions and cleared my cache. Pretty good instructions.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.