Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

No casting today. It is snowing at about 1/2″ per hour. I cast outside as I live in an apartment. You guys in the east are getting ice storms. Wish you luck. My brother in KS already has his generator ready to go.

Bodean98
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 103
      • Overall: 111

I think we dodged the bullet here!
      Temps are coming up and the ice that accumulated is falling from the trees. Didn’t have any of the power outages or other associated problems from ice storms.
      I line in SE Kansas and the forecast painted a pretty dim picture.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Amarillo, Texas good rain and NOW snow on the ground, should melt off today.
      I always try to state the location first to get a mental picture of what is posted next.
      Good idea?? Perhaps, possible, maybe, we will see??

Mike

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

That’s about 10 miles south of Goldfield NV about 160 NNW of Las Vegas .

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

skeettx;n13221 wrote: I always try to state the location first to get a mental picture of what is posted next.
      Good idea?? Perhaps, possible, maybe, we will see??

Mike

I always give the location unless it is here at my apartment in Los Alamos, NM. My location is seen in my signature line at the bottom of my posts.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

They had some ice in Dodge City. My brother-in-law sent these photos.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

72 F today.
      We have been riding horses. Tomorrow I will load and shoot.
      The rest of the week is supposed to rain after tomorrow.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

6″ of snow last night, 31 degrees this morning, no wind, beautiful morning.

My sister in Dodge City has been without power since 1 in the afternoon Sunday.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Here’s a link to a facebook post of utility crews repairing ice damage in Dodge City.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268433706505850/permalink/1601647909851083/

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Meanwhile here in central Arkansas, its been raining. and raining. and raining.
      Almost ready to bust out a dam row boat to get to work……..

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Sure beats the ice. My sister is on her 3rd day without power. Fortunately, the temperatures are warm enough freezing pipes are not an issue at this time.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Says 54 here with the same over cast we’ve had for 3-4 weeks . The wind is just vicious cold though .

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

It is supposed to reach here starting tomorrow. Timing. I’m headed out on Friday for the Navajo reservation to take green chili stew made with venison to my deceased wife’s family. I was thinking of staying the night in the hogan, but it might be a mite cool.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I had driven to Gallup, NM on Friday with wind being the only impediment. But, at night brought more wind and about 5 inches of snow. On Saturday morning I drove from Gallup about 15 miles north on NM 491, and then turned off to the east to go to my deceased wife’s oldest brothers place. Most people were doing only about 40 mph on the highway. The gravel road was a different story. In most places there are no ditches and the road is essentially in a track that is below the grade of the surrounding terrain. A great place for snow to drift into. The roadbed was already packed snow and now more snow on top. Sometimes there would be a whiteout. I did make it there doing about 20 mph. Didn’t have to chain up, but I had them with me. Gave them some photos I had found and also green chili stew made with venison I harvested. Wild game has a special meaning for the Navajo. I left about 11 am as I wanted to get home before dark. By the time I left, the wind had gone down considerably. The blacktop roads were damp to dry all the way back to Los Alamos where I found about 6″ of new snow in my parking spot. Going to go out around noon and start shoveling.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

We spent our weekend in Reno to go to the Sheep Show , a benefit convention for the wild sheep foundation. We had fun it was a little slack this time being in competition with the SHOT show 400 miles south in Vegas .
      friday and Saturday was nice in the 40s and dry .
      The plows were running at 0400 this morning . Looks like it’ll be soft the first 40-50 going home with about 4″ of fresh in downtown .

Mtnfolk75
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 3
      • Overall: 3

45″ of snow since late Thursday afternoon here in the Southern Sierras, light rain now with another 4-8″ of snow forecast overnite and into tomorrow ;o)

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

In coastal Georgia, it started raining yesterday morning, last night it went into thunderstorms, and it not let up yet.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.