Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

Lets get on the band wagon and get this done. Further more I am willing to accept any and all donations to help
      carry on the fight. Cash, old unused gold or silver coins, flat top jeeps or a Piper PA 28-140 not at TBO.
      Anything will help.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

No, this is Obama we’re talking about here. I think if he did speak on this, it would go something like this:

“Alligators”……….(classic Obama speech pause for effect, so the limp brained masses will understand that he’s saying something very very very very very very very important that everyone really should already know)……
      “Alligators are a natural resource that we simply cannot live without nor jeopardize in any way.”
      “These republicans go and let their kids play where they can get snatched by these well meaning reptiles, and when the nice gators accidentally drown the kid while playing a friendly game of tag your it; all of a sudden its the gators fault and they all have to die.”
      “Folks, it’s not the gators fault”……(another well played pause so the epic words of wisdom will sink into the numb skulls of his constituent’s. It’s almost like watching a national brain washing)….”it’s just not their fault.” (never miss an opportunity to repeat a lie if you need dip-weeds to believe it. Repetition works wonders on the weak minded).
      “In fact, here’s a crazy idea: Maybe the gators need OUR help.” “Maybe the gators have families too.”…………..

OK, I can’t go any further. After getting Obama’s rhetoric rammed down my throat for 8 years straight, I know exactly how his speeches go and how ludicrous the bill of goods is he’s always selling.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Man—– did you go to law school or what ???!!!!!

🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 71
      • Overall: 76

“AAH feel your paiin”…………Slick Willie

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

Let four hungry Cajuns hang out at the Disney lake for 6 months free with a boat or two …. gators noooooooo problem lol

SHOO um LIZbeth!!!!! shoo um BANG !!!!!! woooowe we gonna eat good tonight.

After all they been keeping gator under control since the 1700’s to the point the american alligator was almost extinct in the 1960-1970s era

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Regards
      You’d be happier with a PA28-235 and a car gas STC .
      1400 lbs wet ,half fuel and will pack off 1400 # less the 36 gal of fuel in the tip tanks . I worked on a lot of Cherokees from the 140 all the way up to the 300-6 /Lance .
      I always thought a little hotrod work on the 0-540 with 235 jugs and pistons a 250 cam and the IO-540 260 induction would have been perfect, 80/87 fuel a little cam gain and injection efficiency. I figured it would make 250 HP and in a PA28 give you back about 10.5 gallons per hour with 140 kt cruise in a 235.

Um no idea about the gators ,but I gar-ron-tee that Disney is working out a way to make Disney world, Epcot etc very inhospitable without serving them for lunch or corrupting the water flow as we type .

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

this ????????

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

That’s the one . .

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Put in over a thousand hours in about 6 different little 140’s. 8 gph w/ static cruse @ 110, last one had a climb prop, I forget the pitch but performance below 6500 was really good. Wonderful little airplane. So sad to see how general aviation is going right now. Miss all of it except for the now out of line expense.
      May get crazy and get back into the game again but for now flat top jeeps seem to be taking all my money !!!

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I know a wrench that works pretty cheap.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Have to be darned cheap !! Boss man here so darned tight if you could ever pound a piece of coal up his rear end in two weeks you would have a diamond !!!!!!

:):):)

farmerjim
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 25
      • Overall: 25

When I learned how to fly back in the 60’s I could rent a 140 dry for $6 an hour. $9 for a 180.
      I worked for the LA dept of highways for about 6 months in the mid 60’s South of Houma, LA. One of our guys saw a gator crossing the new road we were surveying and swerved to run over his head. He was gutted and ready to put in the freezer in no time. It was not legal to kill them at that time, But that means nothing to a hungry cajun.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Love of old airplane smell $200 a day 800/wk $50 for the books.. last shop rate I saw was was close to $100 hr. I do rag, sheet metal, control surfaces, cables , electric and recip. Props, mags , accessories get sent off. Welding isn’t in my tool box for structure either but on a case by case.

Larry Gibson
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 507
      • Overall: 562
      • Gold

Of course the other anti folks would jump in with their wisdom on the topic. They would understand it’s the Cajun’s fault…….to paraphrase Dianne Fienstien…..

When Cajuns stop eating alligators and the alligators see no one else will eat them, they will stop eating people, that’s just alligators nature………”

Larry Gibson

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Got into flying full time in the early 80,s, soloed a 172 at 30 hours and flew every thing I could get my hands on after that. It was fun back then. Annuals would often run under 500.00 and 100 LL was generally less than 2,00 and every airport had a junker loaner that if you left the tank full you were welcome to.
      Now simple annuals often go over 2000.00, 100 LL is 6.00 and up many places and if you need a ride when you get there, if they don’t have a rent a car you had better know someone. Bought my first PA 128-140 for 8,000.00 in nice clean mid time condition, installed dual King flip flops, a encoder and a Fisher Loran ( nope, GPS wasn,t out there yet !! ) sold it when things were at a peak for 30. Flew a lot of IFR but never got the rating. Never did Multi but got a lot of high performance in a 210 and a Viking.
      Miss the flying but the laws of diminishing returns have set in as far as I am concerned. I can afford it but just won’t on principal.

Larry Gibson

I like your analogy, shows the mental state of those we must deal with.

Did everyone get their Woodpile Report ?

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Wood pile ?

We had a 260 triple tail on the field I got to crawl around in a few times a friend had a 300 ,not the super Viking. We had a J4 cub also ……. makes me long for the days .

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Spent some good time in a Super Viking. Was owned by a local oil company and the company pilot was also my CFI. He was always looking for a right seat to practice instrument approaches into little odd ball fields and I was log time happy. He got the practice then we went back and I did the approach. Great way to rack up the hours and someone else got the tab.
      Dave was good and I really learned a lot. We were going IFR into Goodland one time in some mean clouds with known icing. I was left seat and kept putting in trim. I told him the stick was getting real heavy and he just grinned. We broke out 150 ft. AGL with 1/4″ rime ice on the leading edge and a perfect star on the spinner. That one kind of got to me and I never pushed it again with or with out a CFI on board.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

We went to Indiana 1 summer . The trip east was uneventful and resulted in me napping in the back seat most of the trip more or less straight across I80 . . I don’t know if you’ve spent much cross country time in the back of a Cherokee but there is an exit vent under the back seat . My feetwould be numb from the cold at some point in every trip . The leg from Fallon Nv to Rock Springs Wyoming was no exception. . Coming back across Nebraska we got stuck under a falling cloud layer ,actually rising ground . . The weather said it was clear and unlimited 20 miles from Sydney. …… we pushed on. A guy had told us that when it gets soupy there aren’t any power or phone lines across the interstate so just fly it and all will be right .
      So there we were 50 ft flying down the median and the West bound should ……. the light standards on the interchanges are like 90 ft high and I swear there a semi trailer out there with a navigation groove in the roof. . That was. My folks made up their minds that it was time to park. Side road frontage what ever . Now their back about 60 2nd click on the flaps and a farm road comes out of the fog and off we go hard left lined up 10 ft stall light flickering …. 8ft fence up and over power off …. berms full power up and over again. 85 knots ,60-70 ft of visablity straight down trying to see if there’s room enough to get down on this road or not and whoosh runway numbers on the left tip 1 min 270 to the right and wheels on the numbers . . Sydney Nebraska on the ground you couldn’t see the 2ndrunway or taxi way light . By following the highway we were 3 miles north of th 1000th ceilings and 3 miles shrt of clear and unlimited under 1000 ft layer . We stayed over in Laramie that night . The next morning is a story of its own about following low pressure flows and 7000 MSL runways making you 235 a 180 .

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Never went backseat in a 140seems like I was either right or left front. Daughter spent a lot of time in the back of the Cherokee and has plenty of tall tails to tell. Going into Denver one time the chatter on the radio was warning of sever turbulence about 40 miles out. Told daughter to be sure and tighten seatbelt and got the usual teenage answer. Got into some real good air and when I looked back she had gone zero gravity and was pressed up in the ceiling. Next time I told her to tighten her seatbelt she did to the point her eyes almost bugged out !!
      Flying is truely a most unique experience and leaves one with many stories and there is nothing better than to be setting around a campfire under the stars, having a little mind tenderizer and swapping these stories.
      Life is good.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.