1 Tablespoon ground cumin
      1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
      1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
      1 teaspoon ground black pepper
      1/2 cup water
      1/4 cup cornmeal

Instructions:
      1. Add all items (except water and cornmeal) into your crockpot
      2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours (or Low for 6 hours)
      3. 20-30 minutes before the chili gets to the finish time, mix the cornmeal and water to make a paste.
      Then sire the paste into the crock pot to combine and cook for the remaining 20-30 minutes (thickener)
      4. Serve with Sour Cream, Chopped green Onios, Shredded Cheese or Tortilla Chips as toppings, if desired.
      (And see the Corn Bread I put up as it goes good with Chili!)

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

Sounds good

chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

You forgot the venison:p

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Looks like an awesome recipe. I might season it slightly with 4lb of ground beef, venison, duck, rabbit, or squirrel though. heh heh.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

YOU murderer ….

what am I talking about I drive off the road to kill a Deer with a 30 thousand dolla hot rod to punch a doe tag

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Go meat . Meat,meat meat.

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

Just wait until your MD says things about limiting/changing your diet

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

They tell me I need more leafy greens ,to raise my overall I ask if I should add chard to the spinach, turnip greens, cabbage, and the half gallon of V8a week or if I should just back off the bacon and sausage in the cast iron. Then they say something like I hate you. . Next time I think I’ll eat Cherioos for a week before instead of eggs and butter for dinner the night before.

I’m just 1 of the lucky 1 I guess if it weren’t for the no cause BP I’d be a figure of perfect health.

gwpercle
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 38

Artful;n2512 wrote: Just wait until your MD says things about limiting/changing your diet

Yeah , you right , I know it… some times you have to do what the doctor orders , So thanks for posting a good recipe for those that have to abstain. Also that would be good for those observing the Lenten Season and not having meat. Looks like a real good recipe and might have to give it a try…my wife would just love it…and I just enjoy cooking chile..
      Gary

oldblinddog
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 110
      • Overall: 114

Artful;n2512 wrote: Just wait until your MD says things about limiting/changing your diet

Mine said something like that about 30 years ago. My reply was that I might just as well get it over with as there was no reason to be here otherwise. So I ate what I wanted. I’m still waiting to die like a man…

StrawHat
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 7
      • Overall: 10

My wife and I are not big meat eaters. On average we eat meat only 4 or 5 times a year, maybe less since Danielle started a life of her own. We get our proteins from cheese and beans mostly. Our recipe for chili is similar. Most folks who try it don’t miss the meat.

Kevin

Screwbolts
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 97
      • Overall: 101

Does anyone actually think all MDs are always correct? today, diabetes, Alzheimer, cardiac disease, obesity, brain disease, canser and a long list of more, are running rampid. Look at photos of your family before the Medical profession and big pharmacy, and of coarse before a govurmint agency was developed to promote pharacies and line the pocket of politicians with your CASH, They all decided to tell people that you need to limit fat and start eating more Gluten, more modified carbohydrates! The world health fell like a rock, phamacidical and Fat politicians are killing you and run the world today. Our brain is 73% cholesterol, every cell in the human body has a cholesterol generating mechanism, it is to maintain brain health. as we get older, cholesterol is supposed to go to up, to maitain the helth of our brain. You do need a brain to figure out and educate thy self, it makes propagandisizeing you more difficult, if you can still think and remember. most kids hyper activity is eliminated when Glutton is eliminated from there diet. Yes I highly recomend reading a Book as a starter ” Grain Brain, by dr David Pertloff”.

ADD fatty meat and never look back, to that fine recipe, the mighty creator did not give us K9 teeth by mastake, it wasn’t for just fashonability. It is my complete bekief, they are meant to be used.

OP, sorry for the hy jack, if it motivates 1 person to research, I will take any punishment. obviously reading has not improved my spelling, or grammer.

Ken

Screwbolts
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 97
      • Overall: 101

God bless, I am standing right next to you, but I did one step more, I eliminated glutton, Modified Carbs, and add Flax seed oil twice a day to keep my cholesterol up. for breakfast today and everyday for past several years Breakfast has been a breakfast meat of my choice, eggs, and fried taters, either Sweet or white, mostly sweet, fried in lots of butter/grease/fat, all in the same cast iron pan. that pan get a foil cover and the same reminements of today are cooked in tomorrow. with the addition of more butter, bacon grease when available, as needed.

Ken

Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 140
      • Overall: 151

I have read thru the recipe several times and all the comments and so far everyone has missed that he forgot to add the Vegetarian 🙂 🙂

Paul G
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 20

As long as it has beans, and it does, I’ll eat it. Looks very tasty.

Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

ritzy folk use legumes not beans !!

Paul G
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 20

I believe that, but myself and ritzy can’t be used in the same sentence.:p

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615

Smoke4320;n5372 wrote: I have read thru the recipe several times and all the comments and so far everyone has missed that he forgot to add the Vegetarian 🙂 🙂

That’s for Dessert

Uncle Grinch
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 18
      • Overall: 19

Looks like a good receipe. Is it spicy? I’m not too familiar with those type peppers.

Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Artful shame on you .. Now I’m HUNGRY
      That’s what I call a Lettuce wrap

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.