Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

Anybody read about the riff between Trump and the NFL??

Trump came out against that P.O.S. Kaepernick, as well as against anybody that supports Kaepernick, including the comissioner of the NFL.

I say, Bravo!!!

I hated Karpernick’s actions last year, and was even more disappointed when nobody in the NFL condemned him,

The NFL mantra was that ‘he has a 1st amendment’ right to disregard the National Anthem.

I’m calling all their BS.

The NFL is a privately owned entity, and also all the individual teams within. with that being said, any team owner has the right to tell any employee to STAND UP at the national anthem.

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/09/24/alejandro-villanueva-defies-steelers-anthem-protest-takes-field-hand-heart/

I’m not a supporter of Pro sports anyway but even less now that the H.S. & Univ. sports are into this stupid act.  Pretty soon the stands will only have welfare people in them.

G.K.’s baseball team plays the Anthem before every game and the kids do it right – but the Muslim parents won’t.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Irony.

I guess it’s unity yet respect ……

Irony .
      Super Athletes created through selective breeding after being sold into slavery , there is a war to protest for rights and they are set free with 2 yr good wages or 20 acres and an Army Mule .
      125 yr later their superior strength and stamina result in them signing a contract that allows them to be bought and sold while having kids with other athletes of similar status while they protest resulting in being released from the contract with 2 yr wages ………

Kind of a bare bones jacked up way to look at it but …..

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

Reports are that the steeler’s coach was angry with the ‘Army Vet’ who wouldn’t take a knee.

US Law (code 301 fro 1923) On June 22, 1942, the Code became Public Law 77-623; chapter 435

(A) all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;

“(B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and

“(C) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and”.

Protocols and the National Anthem

Do you know all 4 verses?

http://time.com/4955623/history-national-anthem-sports-nfl/  May 15, 1862

Obviously ‘they’ have no respect for the country that ‘allows’ grown men to play a kids game and get paid humongous $$ for it.

Maybe a ‘tour’ in the sand box or ‘jungle’ might provide them more insight.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

I believe everyone has the right to “protest” in any “lawful” manner, but only AFTER showing proper respect to the flag which represents how they got that “privilege”. This includes standing for the national anthem. And, covering properly. No “crotch salutes”. Apparently, there is only one player in in the NFL that knows the true price of freedom.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I read that 1 of the Pittsburg Steelers went outside and stood for the Anthem, hand over heart, at attention;  the rest of the team stayed in the locker room.

I also read that sales of HIS jersey memorabilia sales went up out the roof !!!!!!!

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

The ex West Point ranger who stood for the Anthem is IMO the only one on that team who should still have a job.

You want to protest, fine, don’t do it in a way that disrespects our country.

Hanoi Jane learned that lesson the hard way.

I think President Trump was pretty much on the mark as regards players “taking a knee”. Which is why they are pushing back so hard.

I don’t think football will ever recover 100%.  When baseball had their summer strike it has still not recovered to the attendance it had.

I believe more and more people are getting more and more upset with this whole scenario.

So I would like to leave a parting shot.

It is HARD to remember, when you are up to your @ss in alligators, that the reason you are there, is that your original intention was to drain the swamp.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I agree with Trump’s train of thought on this, but, he could have chosen better words to convey the message.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Sometimes you just can’t convey a clear message with ” Sir, I find your disaffection for our heritage inappropriate “. Sometimes you have to say ” Stand up , pull your pants up and tow the line or pack your bags and blow “.

I hope this little temper tantrum costs the NFL and team owners at least as much as the original Kaper incident did , times 10 . I see that there are a number of “sports bars” that won’t turn on the games until the boys straighten up , as long as the would be patrons don’t stay home or have man cave Saturdays it will have the desired effect . About 3 weeks of baseball , cricket and soccer pulling more viewers and Go Daddy is gone . Have mercy if Coke ,Pepsi and Bud pull spots .

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

“Have mercy if Coke ,Pepsi and Bud pull spots . ” ?????

They should dump them. If they don’t I won’t be buying their products.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I doubt that any of those advertisers will pull their ads . But it could happen . It’s about the money .

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.