This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Design Team – Josh and Sarah 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
     Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

I have tried several times to post a photo, and keep getting the following message.

Also, is there a size limit on photos, byte wise?

412 ErrorYour request got filtered out due to possible security issues.One or more things in your request were suspicious (defective request header, invalid cookies, bad parameters)If you think you did nothing wrong:try again with a different browseravoid any evil characters inside the request urlIf you are the owner of the website, you can consider revising the rules of the mod_security module or turning it off from your Web Hosting Control Panel.

Design Team – Josh and Sarah 
    Keymaster
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 19
    • Overall: 27

We have not been able to reproduces your error with our setup, but the error you are describing is related to security. It could be 3 or 4 different problems – There could have been something strange related to the photo or type of file. There could have been an error in the upload that caused the security message. We were doing a lot of work to the login system on the 3rd and 4th, due to the fact that we found a bug with recaptcha and the custom login for the site. I would give it another try, and save the info and post it here.

Info we need:

1. Phone or computer? — If computer, IP address (google: whats my IP)

2. Operating System you are using? (If using a phone, Apple or Android)

3. Browsers used?

4. Username and password? (No one has access to this. Not even us.)

5. Did you clear your browser cashe and cookies or not?

A screen shot of the problem would be very helpful, but we understand not always possible.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

1. Phone or computer? — If computer, IP address (google: whats my IP)
    Computer, 67.0.77.110

2. Operating System you are using? (If using a phone, Apple or Android)
    Widows 7

3. Browsers used?
    Firefox

4. Username and password? (No one has access to this. Not even us.)
    RattlesnakeCharlie
    I can PM you my password. Not a good idea to post it here.

5. Did you clear your browser cashe and cookies or not?
    Just cleared all, and tried to post a photo. Same error message. And, now when I try to open the “Remington 550-1 My new rifle” thread, I cannot post. At the top of the page it says Log In. When I hit the back arrow, I can open any other thread and I can post. Guess I really broke it this time.

What I still don’t have an answer to is the max size of file to upload. That may be the issue. The file is 3,412 KB. I was assuming that the upload tool would automatically resize as needed.

A screen shot of the problem would be very helpful, but we understand not always possible.

Design Team – Josh and Sarah 
    Keymaster
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 19
    • Overall: 27

Testing with Firefox with Windows 10…

Could you email me the picture you are trying to post at covalentdesigns@gmail.com?

This test is with the latest version of Firefox, and a jpeg image at 114k. Still working to reproduce the problem. I will try your image when I get it in the mail. Currently, the platform supports images in JPEG, PNG, and GIF format, with a maximum file size of:

Upload size: 10M
    Post size: 20M

These are VERY large amounts, and without a very fast internet connection, the transfer would timeout before the upload was finished.

If it takes longer than 30 sec. to upload you could get an error. The error you are getting is more of a security error which makes me think something also is going on.

Screen Shot

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.