- August 11, 2018 at 8:35 pm #68747redriverhunterParticipant
- Posts: 25
- Comments: 22
- Overall: 47
I was cleaning some 308 Win. brass, I found some with a dent in it just below the shoulder. not real big, one side of me says use it the other why bother only about 10 cents. Trash or not. thanks rrh
- August 12, 2018 at 8:58 pm #68755HarterParticipant
- Posts: 76
- Comments: 807
- Overall: 883
Choot it ! Just a lube dent .
- August 13, 2018 at 7:59 am #68756GoodsteelKeymaster
- Posts: 208
- Comments: 2452
- Overall: 2660
This happens a lot. The only thing you need to trash brass over is cracks or really bad corrosion. It’s a gas seal that will expand to fill the chamber. As long as it can do that, then it’s good to go.
Now obviously, I wouldn’t load match ammo with this sort of thing, but for general use or plinking, let the rough edge drag!!!
- August 14, 2018 at 12:30 pm #68774JniedbalskiParticipant
- Posts: 24
- Comments: 208
- Overall: 232
I have loaded some brass like that. I was wondering if the dents would come out on light loads. They did come out very good with only 3.2 grains of bullseye and a 98 gr bullet. I hate wasting brass even if I had a bunch
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.