• Comments: 137
      • Overall: 166

Phone rings
      Me: Pawn shop
      Caller: Is this the pawn shop?
      Me: Yes, this is the pawn shop
      Caller: Do yall take steeless stain?
      Me: Excuse me?
      Caller: Do yall take steeless stain jewelry (jewelry was pronounced “jury”)
      Me: Stainless steel jewelry? No Sir, I do not.
      Caller: How bout shoes?
      Me: No I don’t take shoes.

I also recently had a call asking if I had a Chucky doll. I said I use to but the doll kept trying to get the gun safe open every night after I left.

JPHolla
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 120
      • Overall: 121

People who’ve never worked in retail can’t begin to comprehend what kind of people are out there. Like people who buy a gun the night before deer season begins and say as they check out, “Now, they DO sight these in at the factory, don’t they?” Or the customers who have no clue what cartridge their gun shoots but expect you to be able to tell them on the description of “It’s a Ruger.” Or the customers who know their gun so well, that they know for a fact it shoots .38’s or .357’s as you remind them of the “all sales final on ammo” policy as they purchase a box of .357 SIG’s. Or all the customers with “regular” guns. As in, “Which 7mm cartridge are you looking for?” “Oh, it’s just a ‘regular’ 7mm, you know?” I could go on all day…

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Guy walks into a sporting goods store. Says he wants 308 bullets. So the clerk sells him exactly what he asked for. He comes back angry and says he wanted rifle bullets abd the guy sold him pistol bullets.
      The clerk points to the label where it clearly says “100 Hornady rifle bullets”. The customer insists the clerk cheated him because these bullets are much too small to fit in his gun. The clerk asked what caliber his gun is? Abd he replies “it’s a 308!!!”
      the clerk replies “those bullets are exactly the right size for your rifle. Once you load them in the charged brass, and assemble your CARTRIDGES, you’ll be good to go”.

Yeah. Stupid should hurt and be expensive. Thank God there’s still a few places where it IS.

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

Stupid should hurt and be expensive

eventually it is. Just takes stupid ones longer to feel it. Wife told me today we need to start texting each other as we can’t hear each other very well. But she didn’t have her glasses on.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

timspawn;n10161 wrote: Phone rings
      Me: Pawn shop
      Caller: Is this the pawn shop?
      Me: Yes, this is the pawn shop
      Caller: Do yall take steeless stain?
      Me: Excuse me?
      Caller: Do yall take steeless stain jewelry (jewelry was pronounced “jury”)
      Me: Stainless steel jewelry? No Sir, I do not.
      Caller: How bout shoes?
      Me: No I don’t take shoes.

Hey that was me that called
      HAHA

Wright Arms
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 130
      • Overall: 138

Your signature line has it all covered for this thread, IMHO.

Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 140
      • Overall: 151

JPHolla;n10162 wrote: People who’ve never worked in retail can’t begin to comprehend what kind of people are out there. Like people who buy a gun the night before deer season begins and say as they check out, “Now, they DO sight these in at the factory, don’t they?” Or the customers who have no clue what cartridge their gun shoots but expect you to be able to tell them on the description of “It’s a Ruger.” Or the customers who know their gun so well, that they know for a fact it shoots .38’s or .357’s as you remind them of the “all sales final on ammo” policy as they purchase a box of .357 SIG’s. Or all the customers with “regular” guns. As in, “Which 7mm cartridge are you looking for?” “Oh, it’s just a ‘regular’ 7mm, you know?” I could go on all day…

Can’t tell you how many times I have had this happen to me ..
      Worse one I ever had was a black guy came in and wanted to buy a “guage”
      that is exactly what he asked for a “guage”
      I asked him 100 lb or 300 lb guage he looks at me funny and says again NO a GUAGE ..
      So I ask what are you going to use the guage for .. he says people so I ask do you want a tape measure
      now he’s raising his voice and I’m totally confused .. he says no I want to shoot people
      so you want a SHOTGUN ? yes … sorry I can’t

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.