• Author
      Larry Gibson
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 507
      • Overall: 562
      • Gold

It is unfortunate that today our Day of Independence, like many, is celebrated by most as just another holiday.  However, to many of us the true meaning of today is held dear.  We have seen the sacrifice made for our Independence and freedom.  Our Republic was not easily won nor was it easily kept.  Those who sacrificed all and those who sacrificed some understand.  Many of our citizens otherwise also understand but I fear in todays world many do not.  Let us, in our own ways, remember the true meaning of today and pass along to those who don’t understand what we can.  Today, 247 years ago, our fore fathers saw fit to declare independence from tyranny and to begin the process by which they established our great Nation.  I can not help but to always remember the last words of the fateful Declaration made so many years ago today;

“And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our Sacred Honor.”

So be it today, so help us God.

Larry Gibson

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Well said Larry. Thank you for posting this for us. I cannot agree more.

kens
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 531
      • Overall: 587

This 4th is particularly special for me.

When I read Larry’s post, and think the our most recent Nov 8th, this makes today’s 4th very special.

Think of where we would be, given a different outcome this past election. you can think what you may of Trump; he talks too much, talks too loud, too flambouyant, tweets too much, his New York values, whatever else you may think of him.

At the core of Trump, I believe he is true Red, White, & Blue, regardless of any other values he may have.

Then think of the alternative. think of Hillary’s self promoted values, her values of globalism, and her desire to please the rest of the world over our American Greatness.

What would today’s 4th be like given Hillary in the white house. ?????

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

Bravo Larry, well said sir.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Most of the founders died in poverty , having sacrificed everything , homes , families , their last penny to be free . It’s said that families with roots back to day one are more vocal about staying the America we have been rather than becoming the America that “fits in” . Well I’ve always been a square peg , what with presidents and ratifiers and Conteniental Army vets to go with folks in both blue and grey it’s little wonder .

This 4th would have gone off as planned but Christmas ……. Well candle light is romantic but not much for map reading .

I hope we all took just a moment to remember what and why with out adding the hate and division of every day today .

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Well said Harter.

However, I agree with Kens. Thank God we live in a country that has not forgotten Him, and where He has not forgotten us.

bjornb
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 163
      • Overall: 176

Great post Larry. Thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.