This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author
     redriverhunter 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 22
    • Overall: 47

I have waited 8 months or more for it and finally got it in today. I have been thinking about loading up some cast bullets on the heavy side that are sub sonic. I will get a new bolt rifle for this purpose. The suppressor is good up to 30 cal. The rifle will be a 30,06 (I don’t have one at present) or a 308. I am leaning towards 30,06 because I don’t have one, but I am concerned about the size of the case too big? twist rate? other concerns that I have not even thought of. I would be thankful for any input. thanks

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 134
    • Overall: 151

When I got my son a deer rifle I thaught the same thing 30/06 or 308W. I wanted a 30/06 but every body kept telling me 308. Years ago every body wanted the 06 because of the cheep mill surp ammo and rifles . Now the 308 is in common use. My dad  a Vietnam vet told me why do you want the old 30/06 get a 308 . He is the same one in 1989  told me the m1 carbines where junk get the sks same price then 189$ . Had my ffl then. Get what you want. I went with the 308 because it is in every country store around here. 30/06 not as much selection as it use to be. My savage axis 308 win I can tell you shoots cast great 1/10 twist . Don’t know about heavy subsonic loads for a can . The light loads info Larry Gibson gave me using a 90 or 100 gr lead pistol bullet sized to .311 using bullseye is awsom at 25 to 50 yards. I would like to just see sombody shoot a pistole or 308 with a can . Only seen a 9 mm with a can at the range one time. That is the only time I seen sombody shoot with one

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us