This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     redriverhunter 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 22
    • Overall: 47

I have waited 8 months or more for it and finally got it in today. I have been thinking about loading up some cast bullets on the heavy side that are sub sonic. I will get a new bolt rifle for this purpose. The suppressor is good up to 30 cal. The rifle will be a 30,06 (I don’t have one at present) or a 308. I am leaning towards 30,06 because I don’t have one, but I am concerned about the size of the case too big? twist rate? other concerns that I have not even thought of. I would be thankful for any input. thanks

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 178
    • Overall: 199

When I got my son a deer rifle I thaught the same thing 30/06 or 308W. I wanted a 30/06 but every body kept telling me 308. Years ago every body wanted the 06 because of the cheep mill surp ammo and rifles . Now the 308 is in common use. My dad  a Vietnam vet told me why do you want the old 30/06 get a 308 . He is the same one in 1989  told me the m1 carbines where junk get the sks same price then 189$ . Had my ffl then. Get what you want. I went with the 308 because it is in every country store around here. 30/06 not as much selection as it use to be. My savage axis 308 win I can tell you shoots cast great 1/10 twist . Don’t know about heavy subsonic loads for a can . The light loads info Larry Gibson gave me using a 90 or 100 gr lead pistol bullet sized to .311 using bullseye is awsom at 25 to 50 yards. I would like to just see sombody shoot a pistole or 308 with a can . Only seen a 9 mm with a can at the range one time. That is the only time I seen sombody shoot with one

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.