Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Wayne (Jhsfun ) 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Wayne (Jhsfun ) 
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 2
    • Overall: 5

Stock is a Never issued Italian M1 Garand stock With some storage Issues

Before Steaming (wet rag and a clothes Iron)Photos.

Bottom view

Side view

Grip area 1

Trigger area

Before Photos

If you are wondering Why am I trying to save this stock

it has some nice grain … it is walnut .. it was low cost .. Stocks are hard to find that do not look like a chew toy

and when I test fit the receiver I had to use a rubber mallet on it and 85% of the area that matters for fit is Great

for a perfect fit need to trim less than .005 . or just glass bed it and never get it out of the stock again

I did pick up some used stocks for another receiver, but after spending Hours cleaning them of oil and crud it is a bit disapointing to find cracks in the side of the stock where the receiver fits… Glue time .. but how strong is the glue

Will post some after steaming photo tomorrow when I can take some in the daylight

Wayne (Jhsfun ) 
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 2
    • Overall: 5

Saved for after Steaming Photos… this My first Stock that I have done this way

I am Shocked On how much of a dent can be steamed out.

Front of stock

trigger area

front stock 2

Front of stock 2

I thing that about 95 % of the dings steamed out .

After taking some 150 / 200 grit sandpaper to stock you can not feel where the ding was.

Now have to fit stock before rest of refinish is done..

Ps I might have to refinish my wood stock on my Sako that got dinged up Hunting one year. Good thing  I did not break a leg or any thing when I fell..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.