This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
     Mike W1 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 19
    • Overall: 21

I suppose it’s something on my end (computer, browser,whatever) but I always have to manually log in. Something isn’t remembering me. Win7 Prof & Firefox is what I use. Any guru suggestions?

Anonymous
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 123
    • Overall: 129

I stay logged in using Chrome and Windows 10. There is probably a box you need to check when you log in so it remembers you.

uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 288
    • Overall: 305

If you kill the web page while logged into a forum, etc.., you should be able to type in the web page and bring up your last session (still logged in). This is not recommended because it is considered a security breach (on your PC). If you have your history settings in your browser enabled, you can start to type your user name and the browser should give you the option to select a prior user name.

You can clear the history in the options menu of your browsers. You can clear the cookies too. Not a bad idea periodically, since that is your information being shared with other web servers.

I hope this helps.

Anonymous
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 71
    • Overall: 76

Cookies, your browser may be deleting your session cookies. In FireFox go to Options, open Privacy, and see if your browser is set to clear history when firefox closes, if it is, it will delete session cookies and not remember you are logged in. One can uncheck that box and FF should remember your log in sessions. There are those that might splain it better than I but in FF that is probably the issue.

Mike W1 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 19
    • Overall: 21

Found something in FF privacy that I changed and it remembered me. I still am not clear on what I did to be honest but it evidently worked. This was the only one of the sites I regularly use that plagued me. Thanks for the point to the right direction!!!

Anonymous
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 71
    • Overall: 76

I still am not clear on what I did

I hate it when that happens……and it does often enough. Glad you got it working!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.