Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Been a hard day today. reblued a 22 for the third time (sometimes I just cant seem to get the color right) and it’s HOT.
      Angie told me we aught to just zip over to our favorite mexican resteraunt and enjoy the cool for a while. She sure didn’t have to twist my arm too hard on that one!

We just ate a wonderful meal and enjoyed ourselves very much (You know, a tall lager in a frozen mug never tastes as good as when you’ve been slugging it out in 100 degree weather all day!)
      I was talking with Angie and she reminded me that we needed an air filter from the store, so we decided that she would go to WalMart and take care of that.
      I stayed behind with Natalie and sipped a cool one while we played hand games on the table (practically tradition at this point).
      When we finally got up to leave, I saw there were about 5-6 firemen in line to pay for their meal.
      Natalie tugged at my hand and asked if they were police officers. I told her no, and that they were in fact, firemen. She asked if she could go talk to them, and I told her absolutely, but to be respectful.
      She walked up to this fella who must have been 6’3″ and tugged at his hand. He bent down to hear her and I saw her say something to him, then she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him like she does me.
      It was an awesome moment.
      When she came back to me, I asked her what she said to him. She replied: ” I told him thank you for doing a dangerous work and saving people who were burning up.”
      Sometimes I’m just so proud of that young-un I cant see for the tears in my eyes.
      She did this to a police officer once last year too.
      What can I say to such innocent gratitude in such a putrid world?
      “Thank you Jesus” is all that comes to mind. I hope my daughter was as much a blessing to that brave man as she is to me.
      Dad always told me kids are a blessing and a surprise. He sure was right!

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Gotta love kids that will just say what you want to .

You’re raising a good 1 .

bullet maker
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 76
      • Overall: 88

They come out with the darndest things, usually at the right time.

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

We need more of that, all the time….

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Sniff, sniff, AWESOME 🙂
      Thanks Dad

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

“…and a little child shall lead them.”

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.