Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

Acadamy has these CVA single shots at low prices.$180 unscoped $230 with a really crappy Konus 3-9×32.Available in .223 .243 and 7mm-08.They are ugly and not exactly a joy to shoulder.Opted for the .223 and all they had left was the scoped version.Got a box each of Monarch 55gr.fmj and Federal American Eagle in 50 gr. jhp.Not a lot of time to mess with it today but got the scope zeroed for the 50 grain jhp’s.Took my time letting the barrel cool 10-15 minutes between shots.Thought things were going ok at 50 yards with just under one inch group appearing.Moved out to 100 yards.Mind you these are only 3 shot groups but I got right at one inch at 100 yards with the JHP’s.The FMJ’s were a bit over 3″ but hey….what did you expect?Consider it good brass for reloads.Quite pleased after one afternoon with it.The trigger compared to a Handirifle is like night and day.All in all it will make an excellent truck gun.Can’t wait to see what it’ll do with a scope that focuses and handloads it likes.Already thinking of getting one in .357 or .44mag

Kevin S
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 58
      • Overall: 72

The only Acadamy I could find in google sells yuppy close and sports stuff.

Screwbolts
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 97
      • Overall: 101

OP, please post a link to the sale Items, or an explanation of what ” Acadamy” is, and how to contact them.

Ken

Artful
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 428
      • Overall: 615
      chutesnreloads
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 161
      • Overall: 165

Thanks for that Artful.Should realized some folk wouldn’t have an Acadamy nearby.I’m sure they DO have some store sells these.Cabelas has the same rifles but they want a few $$$ more for them.Acadamy was just an army/navy surplus store when I first moved to Austin and the had some pretty good deals on fishing tackle too.They have grown somewhat in the last 30 or so years

gwpercle
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 38

It also helps when you spell Academy with an e, and not Acadamy with an a , when referring to Academy Sports + Outdoors stores.
      Neat stores that carry a lot of products , fishing and hunting / shooting.
      Gary

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.