Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Hello friends, I just want to apologize for any breaks in communication we may experiance. I am trying to streamline our site and hammer out a few big glitches that have made it difficult to use the site.
      January is our renewal date, and I am looking to upgrade us any way I can. I’m checking into a chat room, and making it easier to host/post pictures, and access PMs.
      Please bear with me as I get this lined out.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Great work
      You need any $$ for the site costs??
      Mike

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

Good luck with the upgrades. I’m good for a few bucks too if needed.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I appreciate your willingness to help. No reason we can’t hang a few drapes if everybody helps.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

I would be good for a few bux.
      You are going to have to figure out how you want to accept funds. Cash, check, money order, PayPal, chickens, barn cats, postage stamps ?????

Doc44
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 36
      • Overall: 37

I could help neuter barn cats or butcher chickens.

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

How about we use Paypal, send a check, or money order
      Minimum of $5
      And when you get the funds then you as Mod will add a Dollar Sign ($) somewhere on the left side of our profile box.

We can do this every year and this first set will be for 2016/2017 and then following years will be standalone??
      So at the beginning of 2018 you would clear off all the $ and we would start over?????

Currently, looks like we have 103 Active Members:
      So if even 20% donate, this would not be too much to track??
      Is this doable and not too much trouble for you??
      Mike

Chris C
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 157
      • Overall: 169

I’m willing to do my share. Just set up a Paypal account and give us a link. I’ll send funds the day I get the link. But I would like to request something in return. 😉 I’d like to be able to “edit” in the PM section. Seems like I never can say exactly what I want the first time I type it. Always have to go back and edit.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I’ll see what I can do.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Chris C;n11848 wrote: I’m willing to do my share. Just set up a Paypal account and give us a link. I’ll send funds the day I get the link. But I would like to request something in return. 😉 I’d like to be able to “edit” in the PM section. Seems like I never can say exactly what I want the first time I type it. Always have to go back and edit.

As far as I know I have all the permissions turned up to the max on PM’s. You can delete them at will in the Message Center, but once you’ve sent your PM, you only have control over your own PM box. You can’t change what now resides in someone else’s PM box, and honestly, I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that feature on any forum I’ve been on?
      Regardless, I’m not a programmer and I have to function within the limits of the Vbulletin software.
      I’ve given everybody as much rope as the software will allow.

Chris C
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 157
      • Overall: 169

Sorry, Tim, I didn’t mean edit someone else’s PM box. What I meant was………..when I post something I’ll sometimes go back and read it after it’s been posted……….and I want to reword something before you or someone else reads it. But there’s no “edit” button. Not a biggie. Maybe I should just learn to say what I mean when I say it and not second guess myself. :rolleyes: But seriously, I’m willing to help out with the costs. Set up a Paypal account for it and I’ll do my share, for sure.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

If you’re talking about in open forum (and actually in PM too IIRC) use the preview button. I certainly do all the time!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.