This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 2 months ago.

• Author
     Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 776
    • Overall: 845

I took a day and slapped a bench together just to get the tools into a dry place .

44×27 desk top , 1 piece sides 24″ stepped to 12″ by 72″ .
    The base is a full 24×36 floor shelf with a 36×18 shallow shelf .
    The desktop is 1 1/4″ flooring scrap stepped from 44 to 36 with 15″ out front and a 3″ over hang .
    Up top there are 2 8″ deep shelves and two 12″ top shelves .
    It took 2 4×6×3/4 plywood , a little over a 1/4 sheet scrap 1 1/4″ plywood and a 4×8×1/4 sheet . There’s a guy that sells seconds
    and shorts here so the 3/4 was $8/ea and the 1/2 was $12 . Nuts , bolts , glue , screws etc I have about $40 in it . I did get another $20 worth . I got 10 , 1/4-20×7/16 tee nuts to put in to accommodate 5 different shotgun presses on 3 different bases .

That pile of books on top there hopefully will get me better catalogued for specific data for at least each cartridge ….. I sure have a lot dies and nothing to use them on . I bought the composition books because A I’ve been trying to get something I could catalogue all of my work in for several years and B because when they’re 50¢ ea instead of $2.50 you buy a bunch of them , even if it’s more than you need .

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 776
    • Overall: 845

I added another $20 to the cost today .
    I added 2 “T” nuts in 10/24 to match the screws for the cannalure tool on the corner between the RCII and Partner .
    I added 11 more 1/4-20 “T” nuts to accommodate 5 shotgun presses on 4 different bases . I’ll track down some countersunk flat top phillips to fill the holes when not in use . For convenience the Big Max , RCs , and Partner are fixed with wingnuts and carriage bolts .

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 93
    • Overall: 105
    1.  reloading bench and area. I use a old flat top school desk that flips up to store stuff inside. It works but not a dedicated area like yours. Nice
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 93
    • Overall: 105

Nice reloading bench

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us