This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 797
    • Overall: 868

I took a day and slapped a bench together just to get the tools into a dry place .

44×27 desk top , 1 piece sides 24″ stepped to 12″ by 72″ .
    The base is a full 24×36 floor shelf with a 36×18 shallow shelf .
    The desktop is 1 1/4″ flooring scrap stepped from 44 to 36 with 15″ out front and a 3″ over hang .
    Up top there are 2 8″ deep shelves and two 12″ top shelves .
    It took 2 4×6×3/4 plywood , a little over a 1/4 sheet scrap 1 1/4″ plywood and a 4×8×1/4 sheet . There’s a guy that sells seconds
    and shorts here so the 3/4 was $8/ea and the 1/2 was $12 . Nuts , bolts , glue , screws etc I have about $40 in it . I did get another $20 worth . I got 10 , 1/4-20×7/16 tee nuts to put in to accommodate 5 different shotgun presses on 3 different bases .

That pile of books on top there hopefully will get me better catalogued for specific data for at least each cartridge ….. I sure have a lot dies and nothing to use them on . I bought the composition books because A I’ve been trying to get something I could catalogue all of my work in for several years and B because when they’re 50¢ ea instead of $2.50 you buy a bunch of them , even if it’s more than you need .

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 797
    • Overall: 868

I added another $20 to the cost today .
    I added 2 “T” nuts in 10/24 to match the screws for the cannalure tool on the corner between the RCII and Partner .
    I added 11 more 1/4-20 “T” nuts to accommodate 5 shotgun presses on 4 different bases . I’ll track down some countersunk flat top phillips to fill the holes when not in use . For convenience the Big Max , RCs , and Partner are fixed with wingnuts and carriage bolts .

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 167
    • Overall: 187
    1.  reloading bench and area. I use a old flat top school desk that flips up to store stuff inside. It works but not a dedicated area like yours. Nice
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 167
    • Overall: 187

Nice reloading bench

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.