This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Smoke4320 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author
     Menner 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 120
    • Overall: 124

Well Smoke done and sold me some of that there PC for bullets I have PC’ed jig heads for fishin, but I ain’t never done no bullets. So in the name of why not give it a run I am going to give it a shot here in the next week or so. I will probably have plenty of questions and I am just putting you PC guys on standby LOL
    looks like it sure should make some pretty bullets and to hear tell they shoot to.
    Should be fun, we shall see.
    Tony

Waksupi 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 106
    • Overall: 112

I like the signal blue, great results.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

My only gripe with signal is that it goes on in clumps when you use the plastic BB tumbling method. Lays down a thick coat. gotta hand it to it for static cling, but its a bit too much IMHO.
    It looks great on the bullets though. Personally, I’m only after the most consistent coat I can get regardless of color.
    Could just be my BBs or the ambient humidity when I was testing it. YMMV

Menner 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 120
    • Overall: 124

I told Smoke to send me the easiest color to work with as I am a newbee to this trick. I was not that particular on my jig heads, the PC never lasted very long when bouncing them off rock jetties and such.
    When we did jig heads we would heat them slightly with a hair drier then just dredge them in the PC and hang them in the toaster oven of course we had a hook to hold on to kinda tough with bullets
    Tony

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

He sent you the right stuff. If Signal doesn’t stick to your bullets nothing will.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Har! Good to see you again Randy. Nice lookin buddits ya got there!
    Black is a real bummer to use with the shake n bake. I started with PBTP Kawasaki Green (the perfect zombie color IMHO) and its been the best I’ve tried using shake n bake.

Anonymous
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 109
    • Overall: 143

Sure does spray beautifully though. I like the John Deere Green almost as well.

Smoke4320 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 140
    • Overall: 151

below is a very quick way to both separate bullets and make sure the bullets are coated but knockoff excess powder all in 1 step ..

It works extremely well

Let’s separate the Boolits from the BB’s.

First we’ll punch-a-bunch of 1/4″ holes in the bottom of a paper bowl.
    Note: We’re using paper bowls for this technique because powder coating paint doesn’t stick to paper.

Now we’ll shake-rattle-and-roll our boolits as usual.

After the boolits are sufficiently coated we dump ’em in the holey-bowl.
    Note: We’ve got a second bowl, without holes, underneath the first bowl.

Now we gently roll around our boolit-bb-powder mix until all the powder and bb’s are in the bottom bowl.
    Note: As a bonus feature of this method, when we’re separating the “mix” the extra powder is rolled
    away from the boolits and we get no lumps, no bumps… just a creamy smooth coating.

Like so!

Simply place your boolits on the cookie sheet and bake.
    Note: We prefer to use bent tweezers to stand up our boolits. But hey, you can dump ‘n’ pile if you’d like.

Voilà! A bowl of 9mm green peas.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us