Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

What is your opinion on Sight Mark optics. They cost less than others like Leupold, Trijicon, etc. I’m looking to get a small red dot or reflex sight to put on my AR for 3-gun.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

They don’t suck and they’ll work just fine for sport shooting.

Glenn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 223
      • Overall: 266
      Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

Charlie we sell the Sightmark Brand…

The good

Sight Mark has a over the counter return policy or at least in our store it works that way.

Reflex Sights are easy peasy depending on which one you choice there is even a auto on feature when the rifle goes in motion.

Sightmark does have a shield to protect the optics when you set up into the 200 dollar range.

In a conversation with our rep I asked him about return ratios for repeatability issues in the scope lineup not reflex, he responded that it tops out at 1%.

The bad… name brand recognition …

In almost a year I have only replaced 2 Sightmark scopes over the counter (both time was user twisting on the knobs with the locks engaged, same user). Only thing ever done on reflex was replace the battery user did not know how.

I haven’t put one on a rifle yet to try out the quality myself, but they seem to be a good choice for a budget scope.

Artful
        Participant
        • Gold
        • ★★★
        • Comments: 428
        • Overall: 615

So it’s not fool proof, we fools still have a chance at breaking it.  Good to know.

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

I have an older reflex red dot I occasionally put on the AR10.  Works fine, battery life isn’t the greatest and mine uses an  oddball batts.  Holds zero OK even with the quick change mount.  Has different dots select-able by a switch.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

This one is my preference to sell to the 3 gunners /Tactical guys .

http://www.sightmark.com/product.php?item=287

Night vision compatible and pretty simple and well as solid .. MSRP at 239.00

They go out the door and usually (save the guy that can’t be bothered to read the directions on battery replacement) don’t come back.

Rattlesnake Charlie
        Participant
        • Gold
        • ★★★
        • Comments: 679
        • Overall: 831

Sgt. Mike, that is similar to my EOTech 558, but $400 less MSRP.

I like that outer large ring reticle. It helps to pick up quickly. I sometimes have difficulty finding the dot when that is all there is. Mine is mounted on a Romanian Draco pistol, so your eye does not always come into position to see the reticle as it would on a rifle.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.