Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      shaper
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 7
      • Overall: 11

Couple weeks ago a man came into my powder coating shop and asked me what it would take to buy me out.
      I gave him what I though was a high price, but he said OK..
      He wanted a inventory so I wrote down everything that would be in the sale. Turns out I had 156 boxes of powder. I calculated the pounds of powder times a medium price per pound and it came out to a value of $1,194.00 worth of powder. I’m now thinking he is getting a good deal.
      After everything settles down I’ll build a smaller oven and keep that for my hobby stuff like my Chevy truck parts.
      I just turned 73 and am getting a little tired so this came at a good time. Now I’ll have more time for smelting, casting, and reloading for the next deer season.

DaveInGA
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 44
      • Overall: 50

Always good to retire from a business with a little extra cash in the pocket. I wouldn’t sweat the good vs. bad deal, as probably some inventory you bought in the past at lower prices, so you’re at least not losing money. I have a garage full of tools I can’t sell, because too few young men today actually know how to use tools. They should have never stopped shop classes in junior high and high school.

Smoke4320
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 140
      • Overall: 151

At 73 .. I would take his money and enjoy my time off .. You have earned it my friend

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213

Well done, enjoy the retirement!!!

Kevin S
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 58
      • Overall: 72

Yes it is time to enjoy what you have worked so hard for!

Wheel Gun
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 43
      • Overall: 45

Congratulations, sometimes things happen in funny ways. As far as a good deal for him (or you) I’ve always thought if a buyer and a seller come to terms and are both happy it’s a “good deal”.
      I’d even be willing to bet that in the future you wanted something done for that ole Chevy the fellow would be proud to help you out. Enjoy some time for yourself as in Cast, Load, Shoot then Repeat.
      WG

shaper
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 7
      • Overall: 11

I looked at my first post and see I made a big mistake. The value of power is $11,194.00. a big difference in what I first said.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.