This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  timspawn 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
     timspawn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 136
    • Overall: 165

by a 700 pound heifer. If you haven’t witnessed it, I highly recommend it. The only permanent damage was to his pride.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2365
    • Overall: 2561

Sounds interesting……..

Kind of a spectator sport no?

ZmanWakeForest 
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 115
      • Overall: 135

I saw this as one time as well…..can’t guarantee 700 lbs, but still very funny…….too watch!!!!

timspawn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

I ended up having to climb the fence a few times myself but I never got horizontal.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2365
    • Overall: 2561

LOL!!!

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 254
    • Overall: 256

Been there done that!

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 613
    • Overall: 744

I went over the fence a number of times, got flattened a couple of times, a few head butts, stepped on (none real bad), but the funniest from the spectator’s view (my brother) was when I tried to take down a calf for medicating. It was on the upper end of what a scrawny 120 lb weakling should take on, and I lost my footing. It drug me around the corral twice with each lunge its head butting my chin. Finally my brother was able to stop laughing enough to assist, and we got the pills down the calf. My chin was swollen for a couple of days. Happened over 40 years ago, but my brother still reminds me of it. He still laughs. Looking back, it probably was quite a show.

timspawn 
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

I bet it was quite a show!

Milkman 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 23
    • Overall: 27

I used to hunt on a cattle ranch in southwest Arkansas, the guys did most of their herding and medicating  from 4-wheelers.  One onery steer WOULD NOT go where he was supposed to be.  After about 10 tries and the steer running through 2 fences the owner gunned his atv, hit the steer in the side at what looked like slightly subsonic speed.  It flipped the steer onto his side and ended up with the the atv parked on top of him.  The rancher slowly got off, gave him his shot, reversed off of him and continued on his way.  I almost peed my pants laughing.

I kidded the owner about it when I was leaving at the end of the day.  He still didn’t see a lot of humor in the situation. I guess he didn’t like fixing fence.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 613
    • Overall: 744

Lucky the steer did not wind up on top of the ATV and rider.

One of the guys I went to high school with hit a bull with a VW bug (late 60’s vintage). The bull crushed the front end, then got off and walked away. I still laugh at that.

timspawn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

We are back at it Sunday with about a hundred head, hopefully, no fireworks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by clicking the button below.

Contact Us