- February 12, 2017 at 3:54 pm #33435
Can those with Ruger #1 rifles please post the barrel contour measurements, please.
On another topic, I am building a Woodland Safari carbine, small ring mauser.
I been shopping for quarter rib, and banded front sight ramp base. Both of these seem pricey, and a custom job.
that is, until I found Ruger parts at Brownells. here is the link I found
Can those with a Ruger #1 post the dimensions such that a part number sight base can be matched to a contour and selected to fit common sportier barrels like Shilen, Douglas, etc.
There is Ruger #1H, #1S, #1A, #1B and so on.
Thanks for your help.
- February 12, 2017 at 4:06 pm #33436
I’ll start with a Ruger #1H Tropical.
1.000″ at the second rib screw, (4.5″ fwd of receiver)
swivel band .880″
- February 12, 2017 at 8:58 pm #33439timspawnParticipant
- Posts: 29
- Comments: 137
- Overall: 166
I cannot get to the rib because of the scope.
In front of swivel band .663
Behind swivel band .670
- February 27, 2017 at 12:14 am #33691
- February 27, 2017 at 1:13 am #33697
Thanks, thats interesting.
It still doesn’t tell me the diameter under the Ruger #1 qtr rib, though.
I did call Brownells, and they can get me the info from a drawing. They have to look that up the old fashion way, from paper drawings.
Has anybody noticed that from that link you posted, I looked at Lilja barrels in stock, and they show a .308 SS 1/14 twist Rugermag contour.
That is a discounted price, and should make a dandy XCB barrel.
- February 28, 2017 at 2:10 pm #33759
- February 28, 2017 at 2:12 pm #33760
- February 28, 2017 at 2:13 pm #33761
- February 28, 2017 at 2:15 pm #33762
- February 28, 2017 at 2:16 pm #33763
- February 28, 2017 at 2:17 pm #33764
Hope that helps…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.