Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 109
      • Overall: 143

I was given a Remington Model 24 yesterday. It is mechanically sound and has a nice shiny bore and functions perfectly. However it was stored in a gun case for a number of years. The bluing is terrible and has some pitting both on the barrel and receiver. My brother has an original Browning that Remington copied for the M24. I really liked that little rifle and think I will enjoy this one also. I am not concerned about keeping it “original”, I would rather have something I can take out and have fun with the grandkids but I do not want to hang my head when someone sees it’s condition. I would like to have it reblued but hesitate trying to do it myself. What would the ball park cost be for a professional job?

skeettx
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 197
      • Overall: 213
      Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

There is no problem getting it done here at MBT, and very few will take the care and prep time that I do. None of your lettering will be smeared by a buffer, and the only tipoff that it’s not original will be that it’s just too good to be true. I take great care that no bluing leaves my shop that is not top notch.
      I charge $250

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

Here are a few typical examples of my work such as it is. Please observe the lettering carefully. No buff smearing in my shop.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I’ll vouch for that being the standard not cherry picking . .

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.