Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      bullet maker
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 76
      • Overall: 88

I have a set of 223 dies using derimmed 22lr cases. The ejector in the pictures is the only one I have and is for demonstration purpoese only. I will provide a tracing and all demensions. I will provide the ejection wire as well. The set consists of a core seat with a punch, a point form die with a punch, and a punch holder. I did not make these sets. I got 11 LFRB from a guy in Oregon. Thought I was getting jackets. I did plus. Not looking to make a killing. Asking $225.00 shipped. If you want to use commercial jackets the two dies would have to opened up a little bit. Extra dies will be $50.00 each. I have more than one setup. Please ask questions. I am still working on sorting all these parts out. Core cutters available also. Multiple diameter core with these cutters. 6 available. $100.00 each.
      I am waiting for some steel to get here for the ejectors. SPF

VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 134

I’m watching to see what else you come up with, you may have something I really want.

bullet maker
      Participant
      • Bronze

What are you looking for?

VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Honestly, I keep toying with the idea of making my own jacketed bullets. I keep running away because of the cost and not having much time. Casting my bullets already takes up a bunch of my free time.

If I did try to get set up to swage bullets, it would be for .30, .338, .223, or 45 cal pistol. I’d really like to swage .30 cal or .338 those two would offer the most cost savings to me.

Right now I’m just drooling.

bullet maker
      Participant
      • Bronze

I can help you out. These dies are alot less expensive than some of the others. I have 30 and 338 caliber dies. Not sure about the 338 core seat die. I will search for one. The 30 caliber is good to go.

VANN
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

I sent a pm yesterday, just checking to see if you got it.

bullet maker
      Participant
      • Bronze

I got it. Still getting used to this forum. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

Fishman
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 35
      • Overall: 39

Does the die also de-rim the .22 brass? Pardon my ignorance, but I’m just trying to figure out how this set works to make a complete bullet. If it does not prep the .22 brass, what is needed to do so?

bullet maker
      Participant
      • Bronze

I am glad you asked. This set does not derim the 22lr brass. There is another die and punch needed. I do not have them. Either Corbin brothers will have them. I’ve seen them on Evil Bay. I use a pnuematic press to derim my brass. I can derim for brass for anybody that needs it. The set consists of a core seat die and punch. A point form die and punch. There is a punch holder and an ejector.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.