Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

The show put on by our creator is the best you could ever ask for.

From the front yard this morning. There is a weather change coming in by tomorrow, temps to drop as much as 40 degrees. About time ol man winter showed up.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

That’s fantastic!!!
      I have recently flfilled my lifelong dream and purchased a fine home in the country with an amazing “big sky” environment. I think all the time about how many beautiful sunrises I’ve missed out on since I moved out of my father’s slice of heaven when I was 17.
      Lots of hard work to enjoy suck jaw dropping views.
      Congratulations!!!!

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831
      Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

I have this thing about sunrise and it started last February when I woke up at 2 in the morning with a very sharp pain in my stomach, by 8:30 I was in the local hospital and to make a long story short by very early the next morning they finally figured out I had a burst gall bladder and I was under the knife.
      For 10 long days I enjoyed some of the best living through modern chemistry that there was to be had, in short they kept me drugged through most of it.
      The kids came home expecting this to be the last roundup as few with as badly burst ( and as long as it took to find out what in the heck happened— thanks obama care ) as I was ,made it. In a drugged haze the first day or so after the operation all I wanted to do was to see the sun rise one more time, had a couple of good long conversations with our Lord on just that. They say I was quite insistent and for the first day or so they took me out in a wheel chair, after that I walked.
      Now, many months later am finally getting to feel like I used to — at best grumpy !! But still want to see that sun come up in the morning and yes I have thanked our Lord every day since, sometimes several times a day.
      Life is all too short but it can be very sweet. Enjoy every day and if you want to start the day out right, get up early, have a good cup of coffee ( or 2 ) and watch that sun come up.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

That’s one of the best stories, and some of the best advice, I’ve ever heard.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.