• Author
      Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Aka talk me out of this .

Rhineland arms offers a 45 ACP conversation for a SR Mauser which I just happen to have with a bbl no longer satisfactory for jackets let alone cast. I also have a RBH that has a 2nd hand ACP cylinder . To meet my “needs” I need a 2″OAL for a rifle . This would seem to be attainable if I were to chamber both in “rimless Colts” or a case length of 1.3 in with a bullet of 325-350 gr shaped like a Money bullet for the rifle and 250-260 gr SWC for the RBH loaded down to hot Colts . 1050 fps in the 7.5 inch bbl is plenty for my shooting wants . Those loads deliver the mid 1200s in a 16″ 92′ . It seems that something akin to a 45-40 350 wouldn’t be far of the 45-70 cavalry load that eventually was something like 45-55-405. Full of a fast rifle powder with a PP’d 445 dia money shaped bullet it should meet the ftlb@range required as well and of course the rifle ammo won’t fit in the pistol but grouse loads from the pistol would work in the rifle .
      The feeding in the 96 type “square bolt” shouldn’t be a problem. Pressure a none issue with anything resembling a reasonable load. Little to no likelyhood of a super mag ever finding it’s way in .

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 20

Wrong forum. This is the enablers forum. Sounds like a plan.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Oh great , doomed again

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.