This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  uber7mm 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 288
    • Overall: 305

After spilling primers for the third time today, I decided to make my primer catcher secure.  I had an old bicycle inner tube so I made a make-shift rubber band:   Not pretty, but it’s better than sweeping up spent primers every 20 minutes:

uber7mm 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Bodean98 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 103
    • Overall: 111

I think your solution is beautiful compared to the alternative!

That is perhaps the only complaint I have ever had with an RC press. That little GTH retainer. If it isn’t lost, it’s broken!

Butch Wax 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 158
    • Overall: 180

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Clever idea. The plastic clip on the old RCBS Jr broke ages ago. I bent some coathanger wire to fit the slots. It worked, but your use of the innertube appears to hold the tray tightly on the press. No doubt, much more secure from the accidental bump that knocks it off.</p>

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

I’ve been using large heavy rubber bands for decades with mine. It slips on below the large diameter part. The original part did not last a year before it broke. I do have to replace the rubber band a couple of times a year.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

I really need to come up with a catcher for my BigMax. There’s a lovely little mountain of spent primers forming on the floor under the press.

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

A 5-gal bucket will catch a lot of them. The rest will make a nice tinkle as they get sucked up the hose into the shop vac. There is not a primer catcher installed on a press that gets all of them. Always some escaping to get stuck in your shoe sole. They’re real mean barefoot.

uber7mm 
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Ain’t that the truth!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.