Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

As my Military Career draws to it’s end next summer I am drawn back to then, Jan 20 1981 I as a young Private under the previous President Carter administration I remember this it has reminded, inspired, and sustained me as to why I took that oath. It was given by MY PRESIDENT, some will undoubtedly scorn his tenure, some will praise him. But no one ever doubted his love and reverence for this nation, he never allowed a embassy to fall nor lied to his fellow Americans. While today many say he did not deal with terrorist bull hockey, in 1986 14 April at 7pm EST he announce the bombing of Libya whom sponsored state terrorism
      Long before I came into this office, Colonel Qadhafi had engaged in acts of international terror, acts that put him outside the company of civilized men. For years, however, he suffered no economic or political or military sanction; and the atrocities mounted in number, as did the innocent dead and wounded. And for us to ignore by inaction the slaughter of American civilians and American soldiers, whether in nightclubs or airline terminals, is simply not in the American tradition. When our citizens are abused or attacked anywhere in the world on the direct orders of a hostile regime, we will respond so long as I’m in this Oval Office. Self-defense is not only our right, it is our duty. It is the purpose behind the mission undertaken tonight, a mission fully consistent with Article 51 of the United Nations Charter.”

I never did this service for the accolades or the thanks, the sword was handed down to me by my father as his father before him and so forth in every American conflict that this nation has had a member of my family there. I will soon hand the sword to my son in hopes that he will have a President that inspires him, and serves as the role model that this American has for me. I subscribed to the belief of something larger than me this nation. That is all I need, I know what and who I am I never worry if my life or duty has made a difference.

I know all this sounds really cheesy but watching the Candidates speeches and the news for the upcoming elections I went back in time thinking of his future and my hopes for him next year.

Remember ” Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.” 1967 California Governor inaugural speech by Ronald Reagan

https://youtu.be/Wt8y18YFH70?t=1

Iran had American hostages under President Carter within minutes of the swearing in of President Reagan and this inaugural address those American held by Iran was released and boarding an airplane to freedom. without a payment of cash or talk of how difficult it would be to get them released. President Regan made no mix signals with Iran nor the world.

Ok, so much for the wishy washy stuff my point was we had a Federalist, in office they was not great times but we could hold our head up finally and strive to be a great America again under a Fellow American that never lost sight that Government existed to serve the people not the other way around.

Wright Arms
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 130
      • Overall: 138

Since your post mentions Iran and hostages specifically, I am going to presume you are referring at least in part to the cash payment to Iran that the current occupant of the White House would have us believe is repayment for an arms deal made with the Shaw of Iran back in 1979. I find 3 points particularly troublesome with this story.

1- the deal was with the Shaw. After the ’79 hostage crisis, I’d say the US is well within our rights to consider any deal null and void.

2 – a cash payment, in various currencies, was made by an unmarked aircraft on a remote tarmac. For cryin’ out loud, this sounds like a movie script, but we are to believe it’s all just a misunderstanding? REALLY ???!!!

3 – if a country is holding American citizens hostage, why are we negotiating deals or giving them money without the return of the hostages first?

We’re in trouble, folks. With friends like these . . . . .

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Ya think 😉 ………. ABC

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I was talking to a coworker earlier. He said the time for revolution is at hand.
      I told him what we really need is a nationwide revival. He said revolution first, then revival.
      I said I think a revolution without a revival would accomplish nothing but destruction.
      He said we are headed for destruction anyway.

I think I need to flip my Bible with one hand and work the reloading press with the other.

I call it apocalyptic multitasking.

Wright Arms
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 130
      • Overall: 138

Fellas, fellas! You guys are acting like we gave $400 million in untraceable, multiple currencies to the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism or something !

Oh, wait . . . . ,

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

OHHHHH your right there is nothing wrong wit dat cuz it bees a faster furious ops

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

Wright Arms;n8563 wrote: Fellas, fellas! You guys are acting like we gave $400 million in untraceable, multiple currencies to the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism or something !

Oh, wait . . . . ,

Love it. Great humor and sadly, a perfect example of where we are at as a country with the current administration.

SGT Mike,

Congratulations on completing your career next summer. Speaking of Presidents, I ended up serving under eight Presidents and it looks like you managed a few more than most also.. Sadly BHO’s signature is on my retirement and long service documents.

Mike W1
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 21

IMHO, the Senate, House and Supreme Court have also become a bad joke and have allowed BHO to come close to being a dictator. At age 73 I suppose I’ll manage to croak before it gets really bad but my descendants are gonna pay dearly until the whole system goes teats up. If the forefathers are spinning in their graves they must be getting close to China by now.

It’s Reagan not Regan BTW.

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

durn it thought I corrected that .. cant spell as I get older oh well thank you I’ll edit it

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.