Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bear67
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 11
      • Overall: 12

Not ready to post classified yet, but I now own another lathe that I really don’t need. I bid and won a shop full of tools that includes a Rockwell 9 X 42 or 46″ lathe with 3 jaw chuck and some other tooling–still has lantern post tool holders. I am having troubles getting pictures from my phone to my computer, but can post pictures later. This has 1 1/2″ spindle hole and would make a great gunsmith lathe. I have a couple already so this will be on the market when I can get it in my possession and on a trailer. It is 3 phase, but I may have an extra phase converter available.

I can sell this locally as lathes and mills usually go fairly easily–I once posted 3 lathes and a shaper on Craig’s list and sold all in a hour or less. This is in NE Texas, near Tyler, and if any of my cast bullet friends are interested, I will be happy to share the wealth and I could help with delivery–too big and hard to ship motor freight as crating would be a booger. . When I can get back in the barn/shop this is in I will post it for sale. I have other tools in this deal that I want, but really can not justify keeping this one. Also have a 18″ rockwell planer, 3phase that I don’t need as I have a 15″ Oliver set up

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

If that 42 or 46 is between centers, that would make a nice machine especially with that inch and a half bore through the spindle.

bear67
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 11
      • Overall: 12

That is the between centers measurement. I checked it when I bid on this equipment, but CRS and I forgot. It is at least 42 and is indeed a good lathe for barrel work. This lathe will take a taper attachment also. I have a Clausing with 1 1/2″ headstock hole and it sure is nice to have that large an opening.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

That is not the regular bench top lathe but a floor model production machine. Needs some tender loving care and cleaning but once on its feet it should be a good one.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.