Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 71
      • Overall: 76

Good morning gentlemen,

I am seeking information on the use of H&I sizing dies with PB checks, most of what I have been able to find to date deals with the push through system of application, I don’t want to go there as I already have Lyman sizing apparatus. So, do any of you use PB checks, and do you apply and size with an H&I system? And, are you satisfied with that method?
      My mould drops at .361 and I size to .360.

Thanks, claude.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 12
      • Overall: 12

I have used some pb checks on a few 357s and 9s set with a magma lubesizer , I ran them through base first to set the check then nose down to lube so I didn’t have to charge the punch . Just playing around .

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze

What Lyman are you using

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 71
      • Overall: 76

Either a 45, or a 450, it depends on which one has the .360 die in it at the time I may have a 4500 as well, I would have to go look.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Bronze

I’m not positive , but you should be able to put the plan base check on the base of the bullet by hand , and then size and lube as usual . I have only used a few plane base checks .

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I used to make check makers, and some of them were PB.
      You can use any common sizer to put them on, but remember that this is a soft bullet excersize. If you water drop your bullets, try to get them checked and sized within an hour of casting. If you wait 6-10 hours when that are fully hard, you’ll push the bullet right through the check.

Another thing that makes a differance is the hardness of your check material. If it’s soft, it will resist the urge to tear.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.