This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  GhostHawk 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
     Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 679
    • Overall: 831

Endeavor to persevere.

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 258
    • Overall: 260

Trying, not easy though.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Sorry guys. We’re working on it.

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Patience, Persistence and Perseverance will see you through.

The 3 P’s.

You guys are in the homestretch now,  stretch those legs and FLY.

Sgt. Mike 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 789
    • Overall: 873

yes yes, still working through some things on my end as well.

It will work out.  Part of it is how the forum works .

here are the three glaring issues I’m seeing on my end, really don’t think it’s the site.

1. changing password – finally got the button (rather dots) to show up. type in the new password click save  and does not save, still having to use the “lost password” password.   but I can at least log-in so that falls into a irritant not a function ability issue.

2. edit comes and goes on posts and replies

3. when going from posts to other areas bounces between Http and Https.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

That bouncing between HTTP and HTTPS will be solved shortly Sarge. Its already in the works, and once its lined out, the mass email will be going out, and the e should get the rest of the crew on in short order.

We had to get these basic issues solved first though or it would be a cluster flock the likes of which we have never seen.

That’s why I sent a personal invite to each person here and not to everyone. We’ve got about all the common operating systems covered with the members I selected, so when we cue the music, we won’t be quite as overwhelmed with problems.

So everybody keep posting the issues you’re having. Its not griping, its helping to save us from getting blindsided.

Thanks for all the help and patience!!!!

Sgt. Mike 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Guys, heck I’m not complaining at all. Some of what I’m seeing is probably within the browser or on my end or some stupid setting I didn’t pay attention to .  Sometime knowing that others are having the same issues is reassuring LOL.

I knew the HTTP/HTTPS was a issue that was / is being addressed.

Finally got around to putting my signature monkey face up LOL

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Awesome. Feels like home now Sarge. LOL!

BTW, I love your cover photo on your profile.

Sgt. Mike 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Thanks Tim,  I think you might recall when I took that one. That was the match that I took you to, that we did the meet and greet with the Marksmanship teams.

I didn’t thank you (and Josh) over text so I will here thanks a bunch for the editing the old profile so i could log-in. If I had known in advance that when the upgrade was to occur that it would have relied on e-mail I would have updated a e-mail address.  Bad when you retire they cancel your e-mail LOL .

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

You bet Sarge. That’s just a weird situation.

Yeah, I recognize the photo. Is that the one where you dumped an entire mag center mass at 600? I don’t care who you are, that was some of the best shooting I’ve been privy to.

Sgt. Mike 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

actually yes it was too bad the other guys was shooting that well too LMAO. That was a good match.  Too bad I can’t shoot in them anymore.

wingspar 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 8
    • Overall: 8

I joined this forum when it first started and made a few posts, then drifted off. I’m back as of a couple of days ago and have made a few posts, but my post count is zero. Why is that?

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Wingspar, do not dispare. This website is undergoing a change from different hosts. There have been a few bumps in the road, but I feel it will be smooth before the next moon. Folks here have a lot of knowledge that they are free to offer. I’ve learned a lot, and I’ve been reloading and casting since the 1960’s. Patience, and Endeavor to Persevere. Good things come to those who wait. Oh, welcome to the Goodsteel Forum!

Rattlesnake Charlie 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★

Where is everyone? I’ve been checking this website a few times a day for the last week, and have never found more than three members online. Usually there is one lurker. I know I’ve slacked off since the start of the gardening season, and took a week off to go my mother’s 90th birthday bash, plus putting out game cameras for this coming deer season. But, it still seems this place is more than a little sluggish.  I’ll try to do better. I had a good time shooting prairie dogs with a nephew north of Spearville, KS, and learned more of my great grandfather’s time as sheriff of Ford County. I’m just slow on the keyboard with squash growing fast in the garden. This is the first squash. Much more to come.First Harvest

slim1836 
    Participant
    • Bronze
    • Comments: 62
    • Overall: 65

All good things take time, it’ll all work out in the long run. Hang in there.

Slim

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

It’s all about momentum. This is why I was ripping my hair out when the site could not be reached or used for those weeks. It slowed us down.

Slim is right. It’s going to take time, so don’t stop telling people about this place. This will be the greatest gun forum on the internet if we dig in our heels and POST.

Just takes time.

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★

BTW, Charlie that’s some awesome lookin squash and zuke!!!

GhostHawk 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Like a rock rolling down hill. Takes a BIG push, and it hardly moves. Maybe rocks back and forth a few times. Then something crumbles and it starts. Still moving mighty slow.  But then it is rolling and gathering speed and momentum.

It will continue to roll and gain speed until the slope goes uphill, or something stops it. Once stopped it takes that big push to get it moving again.

I live a pretty dull life, not much to talk about here except my new Electric Scooter I am using to get my Dog Casey back into shape.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1ELLNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve had the scooter for 5 days now, ridden it daily, it has yet to come off the full charge indicator.  I did add a box behind the seat post for tool kit, bowl for casey to drink out of if he needs one. I keep a water bottle on the handlebar post in one of those nifty water bottle holders.

Bungie cord and a bike lock, and a large black garbage bag complete my “just in case” kit.

Goes faster than I want to go most of the time. It is very easy to just adjust speed to what Casey wants to put out.  And of course we have to make regularly planned stops at tree’s along the way.

So there is my shove. Rest of you do the same. Talk, about anything. Give the rock a shove.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.