Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      doc1876
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 51
      • Overall: 61

wasn’t sure where to put this.  I have a  Howa 30-06 in a plastic stock, that my new favorite load is beating me to death.  I have had my right shoulder cut off, (yes off) and then reattached.  the pocket of that shoulder is a bit on the tender side, so I am  considering a recoil pad, which brings me to my question, Pachmeyer Decelerator vs a Limbsaver recoil pad.

I have seen the Limbsaver, and it is impressive, however, I have heard good things about the Pachmeyer pad, so I would like to buy just one, install it, and of course, be HAPPY!!!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I’m not too high on these ultra soft recoil pads because they’re a bitch to grind, they hang on your shirt when your pull the gun to your shoulder, and they are sticky and get leaves, sticks, carpet fuzz, dog hair, dirt, and anything else you can think of stuck to them and embedded in the rubber. Sure, they suck up some recoil, but the difference between that, and a nice white-line Pachmayr is negligible given both are new.

One thing I could do for you is to install a nice muzzle break on the barrel. That will stop recoil in its tracks. True, you need hearing protection, but if you have shoulder issues, it’s totally worth it, and we all need to wear hearing protection anyway until they deregulate firearm suppressors.

doc1876
      Participant
      • Bronze

What about the pads you strap to your shoulder? I got enough dog hair in everything as it is.

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

Yeah, the Past recoil pads. I’ve got one for when I need to test fire heavy African rifles.

Personally, I think they were made for guys half my size, but they work well.

doc1876
      Participant
      • Bronze

Thanks, I will look into them

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★

If you’d like to borrow mine just say the word.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.