Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

I wish to invite all on this forum to gather some time before the snow flies to enjoy an afternoon of shooting at the Los Alamos Sportsman’s Club where I am a member. Following this, I will serve up smoked pork, corn on the cob (cooked on the charcoal grill, of course), and delicious bread my girlfriend makes. All are welcome, but I understand that many cannot make the trip to this location any more than I am likely to show up in North Carolina any time soon. All who are interested, please let me know what dates are most likely to be open for you. I am committed for the last weekend in September, but pretty much open otherwise.

A link to my range:
      http://www.la-sc.org/

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

50 mile run for me , Maps says 16 hr with nominal fuel stops let’s see what happens and when you get dates set for maybe I can get ,crazy and make a run.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

16 hrs to come 50 miles? What are you driving, a Hoyt-Clagswell?

I could not resist. I look forward to the next salvo.

If you drive 16 hrs, we’ll find someplace inside for you to sleep. It may be beneath shelving of reloading components. Hey, that might be comforting!

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I can’t see what I’m typing on my phone…… .
      Timing would be all important to making a weekend of it. Albuquerque is half way to my folks in in AR .

I do have a stand by pilot if things line up.
      I’ll have to get myself together and get some stuff loaded also .
      Well see if we get some takers ..

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

Thanks for the invite, but it’s a wee bit too far from Puget Sound, Washington State. If I were closer, I’d certainly attend.

We have an annual shoot-a-thon in Central Washington every spring with about 10 stalwarts attending every year. Everything from .22 LR to 50 cal rifles, Artillery Model Lugers to Purdy double rifles get shot from 25 yards to 900 yards on the property where we shoot. We cap it off with Cowboy Skeet so it’s a three gun affair. It’s a two day affair with BBQ or spaghetti feeds on Saturday night.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★

I’m envious. Let me know when the Central Washington shoot-a-thon is scheduled. I might be able to attend if I combine it with a trip to visit my son in Seattle.

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

20 hours and 1259 miles from Fargo ND to your club.

Thanks for the invite! Great place you have there, I have learned a lot over the last couple years from the LASC site. Thank you!

While I would love to come my body simply won’t do long road trips like that anymore. I used to make the run from here down to Grapevine outside Dallas Tx. Makes for a long hard day in the car.

Have a good time!

Scharfschuetze
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 190
      • Overall: 193

Rattlesnake Charlie;n7815 wrote: I’m envious. Let me know when the Central Washington shoot-a-thon is scheduled. I might be able to attend if I combine it with a trip to visit my son in Seattle.

Will do. The next one is probably in April 2017. Our fall shoot-a-thon is always a dove hunt on September 1st. Of course pheasants and waterfowl follow as the seasons progress.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.