This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 196
    • Overall: 219

Finally got me a Springfield 45 acp 1911. What are some of the bullet molds you all use. Been looking at all the lee molds and can’t decide which one to get. I like my tc lee mold in 9 mm and 40 so the 45 should be good. What do u all think of the tl lee bullet mold?I have the regular lube grove bullet not the tumble lube version. Also there copy of the H&G #68 should be good.  .       What’s a good one to start with? Thanks

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

This is there standard Springfield 1911 45 acp mill spec model. 5 in barrel full size with parkerized finish. Shot it with fmj’s and shoots really good at 10 and 15 yards.  Got a free gave to me 45 acp lee die. Only problem it is a .003 under die. .003 smaller than normal or regular die. So I don’t think a fmj will be a problem but loading lead probably will be. What was the .003 under made for tight match chambers? I think I will order the regular die from lee and a mold. If I can decide which mold to get

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 218
    • Overall: 261

Sorry, been busy with hunting season and stuff.  Haven’t got a deer yet, but I’m up to 6 pigs lol.

For my 45 acp stuff, I use a 235rf that was a group buy awhile ago.  I size .451 for my long slide hardballer and .452 for my Star PD.

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Just got my 45 die in so I loaded around 150 up last night of 230 gr rn fmj . I loaded up just two of my lead bullet up and they are to big to chamber. They go in almost all the way then stop short. I kind of thought they would do this. I got some sizers and other stuff coming so will size the lead bullets and will be good to go. Will let you know how they shoot.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.