Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Jniedbalski
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 209
      • Overall: 233

Finally got me a Springfield 45 acp 1911. What are some of the bullet molds you all use. Been looking at all the lee molds and can’t decide which one to get. I like my tc lee mold in 9 mm and 40 so the 45 should be good. What do u all think of the tl lee bullet mold?I have the regular lube grove bullet not the tumble lube version. Also there copy of the H&G #68 should be good.  .       What’s a good one to start with? Thanks

Jniedbalski
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

This is there standard Springfield 1911 45 acp mill spec model. 5 in barrel full size with parkerized finish. Shot it with fmj’s and shoots really good at 10 and 15 yards.  Got a free gave to me 45 acp lee die. Only problem it is a .003 under die. .003 smaller than normal or regular die. So I don’t think a fmj will be a problem but loading lead probably will be. What was the .003 under made for tight match chambers? I think I will order the regular die from lee and a mold. If I can decide which mold to get

Glenn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 223
      • Overall: 266

Sorry, been busy with hunting season and stuff.  Haven’t got a deer yet, but I’m up to 6 pigs lol.

For my 45 acp stuff, I use a 235rf that was a group buy awhile ago.  I size .451 for my long slide hardballer and .452 for my Star PD.

Jniedbalski
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Just got my 45 die in so I loaded around 150 up last night of 230 gr rn fmj . I loaded up just two of my lead bullet up and they are to big to chamber. They go in almost all the way then stop short. I kind of thought they would do this. I got some sizers and other stuff coming so will size the lead bullets and will be good to go. Will let you know how they shoot.

Jniedbalski
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Got my .452 sizer in. Loaded up some lee 450 200 1R made for the 44 black powder revolver and some lee 452 200 swc the lee H&G copy all loaded with bullseye from 4 to 4.6 gr. The black powder bullet seemed to shoot a little better. Trying some other bullets berrys plated ,h & g copy of some sort some hard cast I got gave to me 185 gr swc and some fmj’s 230 gr rn also gave to me. Got probably 500 to 600 bullets gave to me from a co worker that doesn’t load 45 any more. Nice guy

Jniedbalski
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Went out the other day with the 1911. I was told the 1911 is hard to master. I am not having any problem with it it just shoots great. My loads are kind of light. 4.0 to 4.2 of bulseye with 185 to 200 gr bullets . Nice big single hole or clover leaf at 15 yards. And I just started shooting this type.

Glenn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 223
      • Overall: 266

I really prefer the 1911.  I know that Glocks are a wonderful tool, but they just don’t fit my hand quite right.  The SigSaur now is a whole nother situation.  Fit’s my hand like they took a mold and made it custom for me.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I shot a guys one time in GI trim it is a comparitively slow action or at least that was how it felt in the moment . As far as hitting and back on target I’d be hard pressed to make a choice between 1911A1 and an XD for the same money and cartridge .

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.