This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 137
    • Overall: 154

I tried to post this in the pistole forum but it would not let me.  Just got in a Star BM I ordered from J&G.  At 149$ On sale.I was wondering how rough of a pistole I would get in. Well it does have some holster wear but it actually looks decent. I also got the checkered grips which I thank look awsom. The trigger is very nice and overall nice and tight and the best part it shoots great. Looks like it was carried a lot a few small rub spots but not shot much. I bought one last year but for 149$ for a all steel 9mm that looks like a 1911 had to have it. 

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

I will be shooting cast out of it, a lot. It’s has been throated from the factory for lead bullets. I thank this one is a 1976 model the other one is a 1979 .

Larry Gibson 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 503
    • Overall: 553
    • Gold

Those are actually fairly decent pistols  I’ve shot several of them and all performed well.  I shot cast bullets out of them btw.  Back then probably the 356402 (120 gr) loaded over 4 gr Bullseye.

Larry Gibson

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

I tried your load of 4 gr of bullseye. It worked really good. Then I tried 3.5 gr and it also worked good. I couldn’t really tell much difference in .5 of a gr difference. I have read your load of 4 gr  and another military style pistole load of 3.8 I thank from mike Ventura in some gun magazine . This load range 3.5 to 4.1 worked really well. Wish I could afford a real 1911 style 45 acp but the star will have to do. At least it shoots good. I thank it shoots just slightly better than my Bretta 92fs. That or I need more pratice with the 92. All my 9mm bullets are lee molds.want to try the lee 124 Rn mold next. Just have to Waite untill back in stock to order it .thanks

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 195
    • Overall: 230

Looks like you picked up a nice one.

I bought a Star Modelo Super in 9mm Largo many years ago.  I slugged my barrel and was very suprised that it was .358″.  I don’t know if this was just for the Modelo Super, but you might want to slug yours to see if it needs 9mm or .359″ boolits.

Mine shot terribly low so I put a taller rear sight on it.

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

I haven’t sluged the barrel. Actually I have never sluged a barrel before. I guess I am just lazy but I shoot as cast. I use the biggest bullet that will fit and so far it has worked for me. My high point 9  will only take .3575 max  the star and Bretta will take .3585 or .359 . I have used as small as .356  in my nines  with ok accuracy and no leading but they really like .3575 or bigger. My two lee molds for 9 come out at .3575 and my lee 38 molds come out .3585 to .3595 so far that has worked for me. The star and Bretta like the lee 38 bullet 125 gr rn not sized. I missed out on the super stars in 9mm years back. I should of ordered one but really didint know anything about them. This was pre internet. If I remember correctly they first came out at 159 or 199$ at the differnt holesellers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.