Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      reloader762
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 80
      • Overall: 95

As an annual gift to myself around tax time I purchase myself a new mold of better quality to replace some of my older Lee molds that I have had for many years. The new mold is an Arsenal 4 cavity 170 gr. .311″ Ranch Dog clone that I had cut 50/50 two with gas checks and two plain base bullets for plinker loads since I don’t use a gas checks for those anyways. I really like the nice large meplat as it will make a great hunting bullet, can’t wait till next weekend to cast up a bunch.  Should keep my Sav. 170 30-30 pump gun fed for many years to come.

Glenn
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 222
      • Overall: 265

Looks like a great mold.  I don’t have any Arsenal molds yet, maybe i’ll have to give them a try.  Most of mine are NOE or Accurate.

reloader762
        Participant
        • Bronze

Glenn, this is my first Arsenal as well so it will be interesting to see how it cast.  I haven’t heard any bad reports on the brand so we will seen.  The bullets I cast from it will either get PC’ed or a good dose of your 2500+ lube.

reloader762
      Participant
      • Bronze

Cast up about 300 of the Arsenal .311″ 170 gr. bullets yesterday and was able to PC the plain base plinker bullets today with some Smokes Carolina Blue.  If things work out I hope to get to shoot some on Saturday of next week along with some other bullets and loads I’ve been working on.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.