Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 137
    • Overall: 154

my son age 22 wants a new pistole. He is looking at the smaller 380’s.  or 9mm.He likes the Remington lcp and the newer lcp11. What do you guys think of them. The lcp11 looks like 100$ more but not that much different. He doesn’t like my star 9mm bm to heavy. I like it very much Iam glad I bought it. I have seen the compact or semi compact Taurus forgot the model number there around 220$. But never tried one . He wants to keep it around 300 or less. He also wants to buy a deer rifle also. He has used his 1944 molsen Nagant for 9 years now . Got quite a few deer with it but wants sompthing else. He is looking at the cva hunter in 45/70. There 249$ at acadamy now. Told him the 44 mag would be better for what he wants or the 308 cva. He just wants sompthing different. Told him he Hasent priced ammo yet for the 45/70 yet, that might change his mind he doesn’t reload.  The axis would be a good rifle for this but his brother already has one in 308 so I guess he dosent want the same rifle. He likes the Henry 30/30 or the marlin lever so who knows. At 22 he won’t listen to me on the rifle any way so hope he at least gets a good one I can shoot.

Harter 
    Participant
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 797
    • Overall: 868

I have a 2nd model LCP and thick hands .
    It is exactly what it is and not 1 thing more .
    It is a functional gun that is serviceable to get an attacker off of you and go bang 100% .
    I have a G42 that is much better as far as shootablity . Comfort and being inclined to shoot it often .

Rifles are a whole nuther bucket of snakes . Personally I don’t get the single shot mindset . If I’m shooting something that can injure me before I can get another round in I want that cycle as short as possible the same goes for suffering . Yes I’d take a #1-3 in a second even if it was in some extreme cartridge like a 17 Hornet or 577 T Rex , I know a guy that can fix that .
    This brings us around to traditional 45-70s . I’ve got no dig with the Remlins , mine is serviceable and consistent enough for everything over coyote inside 200 yd and with careful work or optics it would make a 3-350 yd deer and up rile . Henry’s are nice and definitely better fitted than the Remington offerings . I don’t care for the tube loaded mag but I’m set in my ways .
    Autos seem to wear out actions , BLRs are ……well I guess if you can “just buy an 86′” you can afford it .
    Slides are different , I have a couple . They are quick and if he’s a shotgunner it’ll be like a glove to a hand . Hate the Rem box mags . Like the Model 14 ……
    Every bolt gun owes something in it’s design to Paul Mauser . So some have a better track record than others . Savage is no slouch . The plastic stocks suck but past that they’re as good as any maybe better since you can get them almost 2/1 .

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 137
    • Overall: 154

I really like my younger sons308  axis. The cheep stock sucks but its good enuf for the job. Accuracy is quite good and with light weight lead pistole bullets is very fun and cheap  to shoot. Just as good as  a good 22lr. He got 3 deer with it already so I know it will shoot. He can always save up for a Boyd’s stock it it bothers him to much

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.