Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      nagantguy
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 23

My brother took a fall last night when we were out coyote hunting , he’s okay his rifle and scope are thrashed, the factory wood stock is split on both sides of the receiver down into the wrist of the stock, Mossberg offers 3 stock options for this rifle but none for sale, the Boyd’s options is the only we’ve been able to find after market and it costs about what the rifle did on Black Friday a few years back! Anyone upgrade theirs and have a wood or synthetic stock to sell or trade? It’s the standard wood stock on there now but the wood or synthetic thumb hole stocks would also work since options seem extremely limited! Thanks y’all!

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

I just called Mossberg on your behalf, and asked what could be done for you.
      They said to pack it up with a detailed description of what happened, and send it to them. If the rifle is more than one year old, they will charge you return shipping. If it is less than one year old, they will take care of return shipping.
      You will not be charged for the replacement stock.
      The rifle does not have to go back to an FFL. Just like me, they can return the rifle to the address shipped from with no additional paperwork of any kind.
      Here’s the official quote from their web site:

Should your firearm or any component of your firearm require service, kindly ship the entire firearm (not just components) to our Product Service Center postage paid, via your chosen carrier. We do not accept C.O.D. shipments.

Shipping Address:
      Mossberg Product Service Center
      Eagle Pass Industrial Park
      1001 Industrial Blvd.
      Eagle Pass, TX 78852

Shipping Instructions:

• Make absolutely certain your firearm is unloaded.
      • Do not send ammunition with your firearm.
      • Remove all accessories (scopes, slings, etc).
      • Ship your firearm in a suitable container, packaging it securely to prevent parts from shifting and/or damage during shipping.
      • Include a note with a clear description of the service you wish us to perform, your complete return shipping address (no P.O. Boxes, please), your daytime telephone number and your e-mail address (if available).
      • It is advisable to place your correspondence inside the shipping container when shipping.

service@mossberg.com
      (800) 363-3555

I will warn you, if you call you will be on hold for an hour, and you will be forced to listen to some psychedelic elevator music the entire time but I took care of that for you, so you don’t have to endure it.
      But that’s the scoop. I’d send it in if I were you.

nagantguy
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 19
      • Overall: 23

That sir is first class looking out!!!!!! Thank you for the leg work on that, the music forced me and my brother to hang up, he was on the phone on hold all the way to the job site this morning and I on hold all the way home! Awesome! This is like the second solid you’ve done for me, ever come up Michigan way you got 3 hits and a cot!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.