This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jniedbalski 3 months ago.

• Author
     Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 196
    • Overall: 219

Good steel hope you can help on my rifle. Here is what it looks like. The hole in the side of the receiver is to large making the hammer flop around. It needs bushed to make the hole smaller. Let me know if you or any body can help me fix this thanks 

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

This is what the inside looks like .<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>It’s not my rifle but this is close </span>

Glenn 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 218
    • Overall: 261

Sounds to me like you need to get a piece of brass and either thread or solder it in place.  File flush and drill a new hole for the hammer to pivot on.

I would drill it just undersized, then hone it out until the hammer bolt/pin would just slide in for a tight wiggle free fit.

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

I might have to do it myself but would rather have somebody do it. If I could use a buddies drill press it shouldn’t be to hard

Jniedbalski 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★

Also the cost of the reamer the bit all add up. No wonder you never see a rich gun Smith there always buying equipment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.