This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bodean98 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Bodean98 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 103
    • Overall: 111

Not to be outdone by Goodsteel, I thought I might share my wife’s catch pictures from the upper Kenai.

She makes me proud!!!!

Fishing the Kenai

This is a limit of Sockeye my wife (left) and her cousin caught on their fishing expedition. They are now resting peacefully in our freezer awaiting an upcoming feast where they will be the guests of honor!

Goodsteel 
    Keymaster
    • Gold
    • ★★★
    • Comments: 2452
    • Overall: 2660

Very nice!!!

What day did they make that catch? Thursday through Saturday was a blood letting!!! They shut down the nets and we had sockeye swimming around our waders while we were hauling them in. I’ve never seen anything like it.

That was an amazing time, and I’m happy they got to experience it!!!!

Bodean98 
    Participant
    • Silver
    • ★★
    • Comments: 103
    • Overall: 111

That was on Thursday. The majority of fish had not made it that far upstream yet when they were out. It took them all day but they got it done!

My wife is not a cool/cold weather person and she complained about the temperature. It really surprised me when she told me were going up thee next year. This time I was invited!!!

Yes, she had a wonderful time and commented a lot on how beautiful the country was. They also took the train from Anchorage to Seward which she really enjoyed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.