Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Butch Wax
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 158
      • Overall: 180

My neighbors across the road are shooting buddies. They also are new reloaders with my assistance. But both are always astounded by how well my gear shoots. Oh I smile and say it’s due to being a shooter for well over half a century and such but the real reason is “My Secret Ingredient”. And I’m going to share it with ya’ll.

CAT HAIR!

My loading rigs are inside my tiny house right in front of the only window in the room. And. …. I have FOUR CATS in the place. Four. Yes. They are constantly flinging hair about. Jump to the window ledge by the bench. Lay all over the bench itself. They’re EVERYWHERE! And their hair is also. On the cast rounds for loading. Cat hair. On the loading block with charged cases. Cat hair. Powder cans. Cat hair. It is EVERYWHERE! So it gets in the cartridges, weapons, ammo boxes, everything. But……. I shoot better than my neighbors. With all my guns. Far better in fact. And I attribute this to the cat hair.

Yes, its obvious that’s the reason my shooting is superior. It’s the cat hair don’t you see? Why without it my rounds would stray from their mark. My weapons would become mediocre or perhaps even useless. My loading would break down and even possibly fail. Yes, its the cat hair that has made me the shooter that I am today.

So that’s it. My secret ingredient. Cat hair. The ultimate group tightener. The secret ingredient to smooth operating weapons. And the difference between first place and going home with no trophies. Yup, cat hair. It has revolutionized my shooting! So get yourself some cats and let em run amuck all over your loading bench. You’ll see a marked improvement or your kitty litter back!:rolleyes:

Goodsteel
      Keymaster
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 2452
      • Overall: 2660

All this time I thought Sarge was just a great shooter. Turns out he’s been holding out on me!
      LOL!

Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 123
      • Overall: 131

Cat hair all over the place even on the furniture,………………………THAT’S WHY THEY CALL IT…… FUR……NITURE!

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

Must be a case by case basis. ….. or maybe the cat hair is corruptedby dog….

Anonymous
      Inactive
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Overall: 129

I guess I need to start leaving the door open to my reloading room so my cats can visit.

Butch Wax
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Yup! I got one rifle with a scope on it. And it doesn’t have crosshairs. …. it’s got CAT-HAIRS! :p

And Tim, I did share the secret ingredient yes?:rolleyes:Just ain’t a gonna tell them boys cross the road is all!;)

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

Too funny!

farmerjim
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 25
      • Overall: 25

I have 4 cats too, I guess they don’t shed enough. Or it could be the breed. I have 2 tortoiseshell, and 2 orange tabbies.

Butch Wax
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Ah well, Miss Pearl is a longhaired breed, Norwegian Forest Cat I was told by the vet. She’s got a daughter from two litters here inside. A fourth is a 15 year old tortoise shell that avoids the clan.

But old Pearl called it right on the 3.1gr of Red Dot with that 38Spl open topped conversion. I kept telling her 4.4 Unique. She sniffed and said “Too much. And that 2.9gr of Red Dot is ok, but a tad weak. Trust me, 3.1 Red Dot with that old SWC. And the cat hair of course. ” Just came in from my short range and 3.1gr was it. And the cat hair turned 8’s into 9’s and 9’s into 10’s! She’s sitting in my lap as I punch this in the phone grinning at me. My “Ballistic Kitty” had it figured. :rolleyes:

uber7mm
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 288
      • Overall: 305

Miss Pearl likes Red Dot.

What’s her opinion on Unique, Bulls Eye & 2400?

Butch Wax
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Those are her other favorites! She’s was helping earlier prepping cases from what she calls “The vibrating litter box.” to the press. Quite the reloading cat!;)

Sgt. Mike
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 789
      • Overall: 873

Well I couple the 4 long hair domestics with the other three shorthair domestic cats. And add this:

Then I do the Super Sniper Navy SEAL method accuracy test spoke of on CBF and Below or was that Beyond 556 by Starmetal and his cousin Vinney ( funny both those guys write exactly the same just like they are the same person hmmmmmmmmmm).
      I seat the bullet backards and fire just one shot at 312 yards with a 150 yard frontage on my right side as Lord forbid it is just too stressful to fire many more than that and too expensive. This is all accomplished through my Super Target Ultra Match grade ER Shaw barrel, rough chambered by a Pharmacist from Walgreens in Nebraska.

this is the humor section right ????

Doc Highwall
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Overall: 131

I have a medium long hair tortoise shell female that turned 17 last January, brag to all the guys at the range that I have a 17 year old that likes to get me under the covers. Four legs and a tail, did not lie. Her name is Jasmine and she caught a mouse today, runs faster than I can thats for sure.

Butch Wax
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★

Our compliments to Miss Jasmine from my elder tortoise shell, Miss Sammy, a spry 15, and her amigos, for Jasmine’s hunt! Now if I said that a 15 year old was snuggling with me they’d lock me up and label me as a pervert! Ha!:eek:
      And Miss Pearl is partially lying across my lap as I punch this in my smartphone. I swear I thought she said ballistic kitties don’t have to chase mice. But then again she must weigh 10 or 12 pounds too! The only things she chases is her two daughters from the food bowl!;)

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

Darn and here I thought Annie the pup was my good luck charm. Guess I could bring in old Mo from out in the barn but he smells so bad the boss lady just might throw out the both of us.

Reg
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 256
      • Overall: 296

Speaking of such, if anyone feels like they would like to improve their luck and over all health I do have a couple of barn cats ( if we can catch them !! ) and a whole passel of kittens I would be glad to contribute. Darn feed bills are running me out of house and home— money too !!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.