Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

Been sizing and depriming 5.56/.223 brass tonight, and listening to Pandora 70’s Rock and Roll. Bachman Turner Overdrive came on with Takin’ Care of Business. The press began to sing and the brass was clinging to the beat. Some things just do go together. Did not punch any body parts either. Safety first!

Been a good night overall. 6″ of snow last night, but most melted off the roads and sidewalks. I am grateful for that. Snowing again now.

Uh, oh. Bad Company is now on with Bad Company. I better get back on the brass. 20+ pounds left to go.

0545 is gonna come early.

WCM
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 368
      • Overall: 398

Ride of the Valkryries by Wagner

Just kidding..

I am a musician,and listening can be distracting to me so I don’t listen to anything while I load.

Harter
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 807
      • Overall: 883

I used to have some Bach and Beetoven when casting , Flight of the Valkaries , mmmmm, maybe not .
      In the mood and the Bee Bumble boogie also had ideas . Hell’s Bells ,women , sweet home when you start to get lazy . My eclecticism will show if I go much farther .
      Margaritaville and Belafonte go a long way also .

Izzyjoe
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 12
      • Overall: 13

I do not like any distractions while I’m casting, or reloading, but I love old country music while standing by a warm fire, with a little wild turkey! 🙂

popper
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 293
      • Overall: 294

1812 Overture, Ride of the Valkyries, Flight of the bumblebees, Doors, good C&W? I have stuff all over the place keeping rhythm. Like WCM, I’d get distracted.. And the neighbors would gripe.

Rattlesnake Charlie
      Participant
      • Gold
      • ★★★
      • Comments: 679
      • Overall: 831

Just fired up Pandora with my station Classic Country. The first one up was Marty Robinson’s El Paso. Always a classic. I work Monday Thursday, so I can stay up late. Where is that tub of brass?

Kevin S
      Participant
      • Bronze
      • Comments: 58
      • Overall: 72

Within the last week CB had a post and members sent in links to old movies and music. If interested check it out. I would put a link up to it. But this old foggy is comp. illiterate!

GhostHawk
      Participant
      • Silver
      • ★★
      • Comments: 258
      • Overall: 260

I have I think all of John Denvers songs on a DVD I made, along with the top 100 country songs of all time.
      Classics many of them.

I have been known to listen to both while casting.
      Or start a youtube video while the pot is warming and listen and half watch once I get rolling.

Started up my new Lee dipper pot yesterday. Christmas present but was not feeling any urge to cast.

But I Had a chance to snap up some 75 .444 brass for less than a dollar each, they arrived yesterday.
      So I cast up some 210 gr plinkers and loaded them. No Red Dot this time.

Brass cases had only had primers fired in them in a .410 shotgun. 25 nickle plated were once fired but look new.

Either way I am a happy camper. The new lee pot came up to temp quicker, my old one had no thermostat, started at 4 and when mold started acting warm turned it down to 3.5 and cast till I had my 50 rounds and a few extra.

Felt good.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2017 Goodsteel Forum. Designed by Covalent Designs, LLC.